Talk

Advanced search

Help! AIBU to go out with sock indentations on my ankles?

(26 Posts)
Whitewhine Sat 13-Dec-14 17:13:16

Fuck! After a hard days Xmas shopping, I headed home to get ready for my work night. Took socks off at around 3.30pm and my ankles are STILL an elasticy indentation mess. I could weep as need to leave at 6pm.

Cocktail dress of course and dark/thick tights wouldn't look right with it. Have 7dr tights which make them look worse. No other option of something else to wear - I recently lost weight and this dress is just perfect, older dresses are too big. Ankles aren't even very fat. I'm so pissed off! Any hints or tips? I've had a warm bath and massaged them with bio oil. I'm going to look a right stupid twat at my vair posh works do :-(

WorkingItOutAsIGo Sat 13-Dec-14 17:14:30

Red lipstick, big smile...no-one will look at your ankles! Have fun and well done on your weight loss!

Nomama Sat 13-Dec-14 17:15:01

Sod it.

Wear the frock and the nice tights. Who actually looks at peoples feet anyway?

If anyone does, fuck 'em!

Have fun smile

ilovesooty Sat 13-Dec-14 17:15:45

I'm sure you'll look lovely. Do people really notice things like this?

Fabulous46 Sat 13-Dec-14 17:16:28

Whip egg whites up, put on indentations and leave for a few minutes then wash off. My friend told me about this a month or ago. Apparently it's the protein in the egg whites. It worked.

hillyhilly Sat 13-Dec-14 17:17:22

Thank you for posting this, i've just taken off my socks ahead of tonight's do!

Coumarin Sat 13-Dec-14 17:17:27

No-one will notice and they'll be gone in a hour from now. I say this as someone who frets about every last tiny detail when I'm going out. It's fine.

Have a good night!

Moln Sat 13-Dec-14 17:18:49

Have you tried a moisturiser over them?

Blooming pain in the arse sock marks are

Whitewhine Sat 13-Dec-14 17:19:30

Frantically whipping up so me egg whites. My husband is looking at me as if I have 2 heads...

DamselNotInHerDress Sat 13-Dec-14 17:20:00

Rub ice cubes on them?

Apparently this helps carpet dents recover when furniture has been moved... fgrin

Whitewhine Sat 13-Dec-14 17:21:29

Lol Damsel. My ice is currently being used in a medicinal gin fblush

Bunbaker Sat 13-Dec-14 17:23:05

Really? Who looks at peoples ankles? I wouldn't have noticed and I doubt anyone else would.

Have a great night anyway wine

ghostyslovesheep Sat 13-Dec-14 17:26:14

Oh bugger ...(off out in 2 hours ...whips off boots and socks)

Moln Sat 13-Dec-14 17:28:15

I was at my work do last night and can confirm I looked at nobody's ankles!!

PastaOutFromTheXmasGin Sat 13-Dec-14 17:28:48

What kind of socks do you wear that leave marks? I'm a size 20 with calves that are too big to get boots over and don't get sock marks. I just wear plain M&S ankle socks

Whitewhine Sat 13-Dec-14 17:29:42

Bunbaker, I wouldn't normally bother too much but I have the most amazing pair of glittery shoes which I suspect will be admired by my colleagues. We all love our shoes!

Meringuey ankles are a go-go. Will report back soon fsmile

AMillionNameChangesLater Sat 13-Dec-14 17:30:52

Crap, i've got my work do in 90 mins, i have to get ready at work and I finish at 6. I'm going to have sock marks too.

Vycount Sat 13-Dec-14 17:31:22

I'm watching with interest.
Whitewhine - in my case substantial socks worn with work boots. The indentations last for hours!

LumpenproletariatAndProud Sat 13-Dec-14 17:34:44

This is brilliant, egg whites!!

Hope it works OP.

Have you got pile cream? Isnt thats supposed to have an effect on skin (that isn't in your bum hole) I know people use in under their eyes (although Ive no idea why).

BigfootFilesHisToesInYourTea Sat 13-Dec-14 17:35:14

If the indentations are lasting hours you're probably dehydrated. Have a few glasses of water!

Whitewhine Sat 13-Dec-14 17:40:34

Cheap Tesco black socks with a half inch elasticacted bit at the top pasta. Think walking round the shops for hours has had an effect on my normally slim ankles!

A few glasses of prosecco and I won't give a hoot. Just want to at least arrive looking half decent.

Fabulous, I could kiss you. The marks are much improved and less noticeable. Right, just need to get the rest of me ready, I need to leave in 20mins!

LumpenproletariatAndProud Sat 13-Dec-14 17:43:15

Oh good no need for bum cream.

Have a good time!

BackwardFlip Sat 13-Dec-14 17:45:20

The lights will be dimmed so no one will see your ankles. Just their drinks and your face whilst they talk to you.

Fluffyears Sat 13-Dec-14 17:51:43

Pile cream tightens skin therefore sticking it on under your eyes shrinks eye bags apparently. I had a worse problem with socks after getting fake tanned. Slipped socks back on (nobody told me I should wear flip flops) had lovely white feet/ankles sad

Moln Sat 13-Dec-14 18:03:23

Have noted that egg whites help.

Though what BigfootFilesHisToesInYourTea says about being dehydrated makes a lot of sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now