Talk

Advanced search

AIBU using terry squares on my almost 3 yr old ?

(13 Posts)
SelinaG Sat 13-Dec-14 14:22:59

Hi,

He's nowhere near dry and after trying everything he's now in terries, they work well and save us a fortune but are a pain to put on.

He's terrified the moment he sees me folding a terry nappy and refuses to cooperate :-(

Anyone else used them at 3 yrs ?

SusanIvanova Sat 13-Dec-14 14:43:58

Why is he so afraid of the Terry squares?

TeddyBee Sat 13-Dec-14 15:21:07

I used them from birth, but my DCs didn't potty train until 3.5 so were both in them at three. What doesn't he like? My DD liked to help me fold them at that age.

SelinaG Sat 13-Dec-14 15:36:25

Hi,

I'm exaggerating a bit when I say he's terrified but he doesn't like having them changed.

I think it's just all the extra fuss he doesn't like, having to lie down while fold and pin them.

They do work well so I'd really prefer to use them till he's dry if I can :-)

Bulbasaur Sat 13-Dec-14 16:11:42

My DD at 8 months screams down the house when I change her diapers. No reason, she just hates the fuss and wants to play/eat/whatever I dared to delay her from doing. hmm

terrysquaremaiden Sat 13-Dec-14 17:03:38

Lol. Mine too bulbasaur.

hippoinamudhole Sat 13-Dec-14 18:37:25

Google nappy grippers. Little bungee type things that replace the pins. Much less stress

Toadsrevisited Sat 13-Dec-14 18:39:38

Called nappy nippas

ElphabaTheGreen Sat 13-Dec-14 18:41:38

YY - Nappi Nippas, they're called. Much less fuss than pins. Also, can you fold and stack them ready to go rather than folding when he's ready for a change?

Nappy changing a non-compliant toddler is a fucking nightmare.

TeddyBee Sat 13-Dec-14 18:42:39

Which fold? You get quicker at it, especially with nappi nippas. I don't think it takes me any longer than a disposable now, but I'm on my third DC and for two years we had two in terries.

NeedsAsockamnesty Sat 13-Dec-14 18:44:04

Why would it be unreasonable?

hippoinamudhole Sat 13-Dec-14 18:50:48

Thanks for the correctiongrin

It's been 20 years since I needed them

SelinaG Sun 14-Dec-14 18:50:21

Thanks, looks like I'll give nippas another try next time I'm in town :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now