Talk

Advanced search

Car park conundrum!

(9 Posts)
Rosedust Sat 13-Dec-14 10:24:27

I've got to go to an out of hours clinic this weekend. It is at a doctors surgery that is usually closed at the weekend but open for an hour for patients to visit the wound clinic.

Last weekend someone drove me and the car park was full of people who had gone shopping in town - they weren't supposed to park there.

This weekend I'll be driving myself...so if the car park is full of shoppers again, AIBU to block one of their cars in and leave a note on my windscreen to say 'visiting wound clinic at this surgery between 2-3pm'.

purplemurple1 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:27:49

I'd leave a note saying where they can find you as I'm assuming you can't walk from a diff car park esp if it would cost you to park elsewhere.

gobbynorthernbird Sat 13-Dec-14 10:29:39

How will you know that they're shopping rather than at the clinic?

Icimoi Sat 13-Dec-14 10:29:48

Can you phone the surgery and ask them if they could do something about unauthorised use of the car park - e.g. put up a barrier and post someone to monitor who comes in?

Rosedust Sat 13-Dec-14 10:32:02

Yep I could add the info in purplemurple1 - they could came and ask me to move the car if need be then.

The other nearby carparks will most likely be full at that time and yes I'd have to pay if there were spaces. Unfortunately and all the residential roads tend to be full at the weekends...probably why people are parking in the surgery!

Rosedust Sat 13-Dec-14 10:35:03

gobbynorthernbird - the clinic is only open for an hour and sees about 6 patients. We all have to arrive at the same time so we were all trying to find somewhere to park last time sad

Icimoi the surgery is shut and the district nurses arrive just before 2pm to open up for the clinic. They don't have a direct number, just a number to leave a message. Last week when I mentioned the parking issue they said it isn't normally like this and it is people using it for shopping in the town. If it is bad again today I might mention to them about putting up a sign though.

manicinsomniac Sat 13-Dec-14 10:43:36

I can see why people use it if they think the surgery is shut. They probably don't realise it is open for an hour.

But, as long as you leave your information, no, I don't think YWBU to block them in.

WaywardOn3 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:45:19

Just park your car in front of one of the cars already there. Put a note on your car stating that you'll move it at 3pm when the clinic you're both attending has finished...

If they're not at the clinic and want you to move it before then tough shit don't park where you're not supposed to

Or you could park on the road?

Residents near our doctors hate the fact that the doctors car park is too small so everyone parks all over the place. You often get irate notes left on your car for parking on the road.

Rosedust Sat 13-Dec-14 10:46:57

I agree manicinsomniac - there is no info about the clinic and the only information about parking restrictions is that parking is for patients only.

But you're right, if they think it is shut then I can see why they'd park there. I'll make sure the note is polite!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now