Talk

Advanced search

to think dp should share the box of chocolates?

(10 Posts)
RoRoRosie Sat 13-Dec-14 10:22:14

We got a box of chocolates as a thank you present. Last night, he was munching through them,
i said. "please leave me some".
He said "yeah, I will. But where did they come from?"
i said: "from Janet and John because we helped them out."
He said. "Anyway I helped them more than you...."
I said:"But it was a joint present for both of us ..."
He said:"Don´t get so annoyed. you are so unfriendly.."
and disappeared.

AIBU to demand my equal share?

Delphine31 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:24:30

Of course YANBU! Even if you hadn't helped Janet and John a box of chocolates that comes into the house should be shared!

Poor you. His behaviour is unpleasant and childish.

Nomama Sat 13-Dec-14 11:41:50

Yes, that was childish and unpleasant. Is he often like that or were the choccies his absolute favouritist things in the world?

YANBU, maybe!

I can understand being a bit of a food hog, I think most people but won't admit it exhibit this behaviour.

However his reaction to a reasonable request to save you some was childish and makes him sound like a twat.

Middleagedmotheroftwo Sat 13-Dec-14 12:55:19

I hate sharing chocolates!

TheBatteriesHaveRunOut Sat 13-Dec-14 12:58:46

YANBU

I hope he gets a cavity.

drbonnieblossman Sat 13-Dec-14 13:00:16

Go and buy yourself a lovely box of chocolates and make all the noises as you eat them in front of him wait until he's polished off the other box for maximum effect

HappyAgainOneDay Sat 13-Dec-14 13:01:16

If it's not too late, why not find the box and count how many there were when it was full (you can tell by the sockets in the interior packing)? Divided by two and remove your half.

2rebecca Sat 13-Dec-14 13:13:04

That's greedy and selfish. Even if the chocolates were just for him I'd expect him to share but for both of you he should have checked with you its OK to open them and shared them.
I find greed and selfishness really unattractive so a bloke who didn't share chocolates wouldn't be my partner.
When he disappeared I would make him leave the chocolates!

RoRoRosie Sat 13-Dec-14 13:50:43

Thanks. I was wondering if I was losing the plot here, over some chocolates. It doesn't have to be 50-50, I`ll happily give him some of mine, but he can´t just take them all, or any of my share shock

I guess it is more than that, he´s doing some odd things at the moment. And when I show my disagreement, he doesn´t like it.

I´m going to do what you suggest - hide some and get my own - grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now