Advanced search

AIBU "the Mrs"

(10 Posts)
Weathergames Sat 13-Dec-14 10:05:58

Petty petty petty.

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Sat 13-Dec-14 10:09:00

I counter with "the hubby", "the little man", "my chap"

Comito Sat 13-Dec-14 10:17:42

I hate the phrase 'the mrs' with a passion.

Likewise the twunt who asked DH, 'what will the little wife have to drink?' instead of asking me. I said 'red wine and to be addressed directly by name next time'.

pressone Sat 13-Dec-14 10:20:59

DP & I are not married but we both have ex spouses, and being a fan of the cheap shot over political correctness I always say "Christ - is she here as well?"

JamaicanMeEatMincePies Sat 13-Dec-14 10:32:46

Ugh I hate being called anything other than "my wife". And even then I prefer to be called by my name. I've noticed a lot of men who call their dp "the Mrs" which I just find odd confused

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 13-Dec-14 10:35:20

I don't mind it though don't think my DH calls me anything other than my first name.

ocelot41 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:37:22

Ewwww....my name is ocelot. I am a person not a generic term.

wheresthelight Sat 13-Dec-14 10:47:58

I think it depends on how it's said. blatantly tongue in cheek is fine and dp and I do refer to each other as the Mrs and the boy.

however an ex once referred to me as his "bird" when warning off a male friend who had come over to say hi and give me a hug (he was very obviously guy so not sure why the territory war had to start). Needless to say he became an ex very quickly

wheresthelight Sat 13-Dec-14 10:48:29

gay not guy bloody autocorrect

TheEnduringMoment Sat 13-Dec-14 10:55:15

Mark Kermode on the radio always refers to his wife as "Doctor Professor Her Indoors" which I like but is a) not exactly snappy b) only works if you're a doctor / professor.

As a confirmed "Ms" I don't actually think "the Mrs" is a big deal. I love "Christ is she here as well?" Even funnier if you weren't previously married.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now