Talk

Advanced search

To think that Victoria Beckham has started wearing truly hideous clothes?

(55 Posts)
frutilla Fri 12-Dec-14 19:08:38

Such as this outfit here: www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2871600/Victoria-Beckham-heads-London-boutique-chic-sweater-woollen-skirt.html

Or am I just seeing things differently to other people? What is the vibe meant to be?? Librarian chic?

furcoatbigknickers Fri 12-Dec-14 19:12:49

I don't like that outfit but then I'm not a fashionista.

WerewolfBarMitzvah Fri 12-Dec-14 19:17:32

Yeah that's pretty grim.
I saw a pic of her smiling the other day. Perhaps she is a born again celebrity - all smiley with bad fashion.

TwoKidsAndCounting Fri 12-Dec-14 19:22:41

OMG, I was thinking that exact thing when I saw that article today. I loved her style before this weird phase she's having, whatever is happening with her right now, this style does not suit her! Hate that boot and mid skirt look, it's hideous!!

whitesandstorm Fri 12-Dec-14 19:24:12

Yanbu, all that money to end up looking like that? Money can't buy a good dress sense.

Mousefinkle Fri 12-Dec-14 19:27:09

Hate boots and skirts. The only boots that remotely go with skirts are ankle boots (such as chelsea boots) otherwise NO. That outfit is horrid.

Mousefinkle Fri 12-Dec-14 19:27:33

(And I generally love VB.)

Gunpowder Fri 12-Dec-14 19:29:40

I think she looks good! Much better now than when she was in her trashy WAG phase, although spose that was the look of the early noughties.

punygod Fri 12-Dec-14 19:31:49

I think she looks bloody great.

Then again, I'm a librarian grin

Cornettoninja Fri 12-Dec-14 19:32:19

Is grunge back? Omg I would be sooo happy!

silveroldie2 Fri 12-Dec-14 19:34:05

She looks fine to me - what do you expect her to wear?

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Dec-14 19:36:02

Ooh no a VB thread. I don't think we are allowed to say anything other than she is an astute businesswoman and fantabulous designer. Say anything other than that=jealous. FACT.

Cocolepew Fri 12-Dec-14 19:36:02

She wore a black skirt with a white front to that fashion awards thingy, it looked like she was wearing a pinny.

Electriclaundryland Fri 12-Dec-14 19:36:14

I like both the skirt and sweater but not together.

JamaicanMeEatMincePies Fri 12-Dec-14 19:37:36

She looks like my mum in the early nineties shock

(this is not a good thing, my mum has no dress sense whatsoever)

frutilla Fri 12-Dec-14 19:43:39

Cocolepew, that black and white outfit was awful, I was too scared to pipe up then, but...now this! And I also like VB, and think she still looks great from the neck up. With her figure, she could wear anything, why this?? DH thinks it's a 70's revival.

LuisSuarezTeeth Fri 12-Dec-14 19:44:36

She's upduffed. I'd bet my last 50p on it.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 12-Dec-14 19:44:37

She's a mother!
You're not allowed to criticise her.

Or be jealous of her.wink

Gunpowder Fri 12-Dec-14 19:47:44

I like the early '90s look, reminds me of the 'big girls' when I first started secondary school. smile

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Dec-14 19:48:30

YY Zebra. They are all envious obviously. And i bet none of them has a DH who models undercrackers either.

DilysMoon Fri 12-Dec-14 19:50:51

Ha I thought the same Luiz. I quite like it actually but it does remind me of what my mum used to wear in the 80's confused . I like boots with skirts too grin

editthis Fri 12-Dec-14 19:52:23

She looks fashionable; long boots and skirts are making a comeback. But it's probably something to which one needs to readjust one's eye.

I remember thinking skinny jeans looked rubbish too, once. But that's what the revolving wheel of the fashion industry is: depending on how you look at it, making flighty changes to the collection vision of society, the bigger the better, so people need to buy whole new wardrobes (i.e. the cynical view); or challenging public perception, going against the grain of accepted feminine sexuality for art's sake (a slightly more positive take).

"Fashionable" is different from "stylish" (although fashion eds would consider themselves both). The latter is a bit more subjective, which is why, if you don't like her outfit, you could criticise her style, but perhaps not her fashion credentials.

LuisSuarezTeeth Fri 12-Dec-14 19:52:53

She looks like she's wearing a super-pointy '50s bra as well. I know fuck all about fashion, but this is a hormone-fuelled outfit! grin

SunnaClausIsComingToTown Fri 12-Dec-14 19:54:31

I've always thought she lacked style.

SantyClaws Fri 12-Dec-14 19:56:54

it's the skirt that's odd. That jumper and those boots with skinny blue jeans would look nice...

I think it all just swamps her a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now