Talk

Advanced search

To think that the cost should be shared?

(50 Posts)
Edenviolet Thu 11-Dec-14 13:01:25

If more than one person get a taxi? Or am I being petty?

I'm going somewhere at the weekend booked a taxi just for me and was today asked to share the taxi, I said yes and that we could pay half each to be told "you were getting a taxi anyway so must have the money for it and it doesn't cost more me coming too so no"

I was getting one regardless but thought if I shared the taxi we would also share the cost or aibu?

ReginaBlitz Thu 11-Dec-14 13:02:47

Thats just cheeky! tell them your getting the bus now

Fallingovercliffs Thu 11-Dec-14 13:02:53

YANBU and the other person is being really rude and tight. And I think taxis do add a supplement for each person travelling.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 11-Dec-14 13:03:07

Id expect half too. Are they coming to yours and sharing a cab or are you collecting them on the way?

Tinkerball Thu 11-Dec-14 13:03:42

Of course you aren't being unreasonable, who's the attempted freeloader?

AtTheEndOfTheTunnel Thu 11-Dec-14 13:04:17

YANBU. What a cheek. Why should you pay all and she nothing. Has she form for taking the mickey?

maleenteringfemalefacilities Thu 11-Dec-14 13:04:19

Tell them to eff off and get their own!
Isn't there a fixed charge per person, and then per mile? So
1) your base cost will go up because of an extra person
2) the mileage may be different
3) they are a rude fucker and personally I'd rather pay the full price on my own than share with someone like that

minibmw2010 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:04:33

I take it you told them 'so no we won't be sharing then' grin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 11-Dec-14 13:04:47

Maybe say to them "if I wasnt getting a cab you would need to pay full fare, so this way, we are both benefitting"

ScrambledEggAndToast Thu 11-Dec-14 13:16:56

I am shock shock on your behalf, I can't believe the cheek of some people. I think MN has spoken, you must say no.

PumpkinPie2013 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:17:09

shock cheeky sod!

YANBU tell them they either pay half or get their own!

hellsbellsmelons Thu 11-Dec-14 13:17:59

OMFG!! You have to be kidding me.
I think you use the great MN saying - Oh Do Fuck Off Dear to good effect on this one!
No feckin' way would I be sharing with someone who didn't even think to contribute.
Wow - shocked here! fshock

HazleNutt Thu 11-Dec-14 13:18:06

hope you told them you won't be sharing then?

Starlightbright1 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:18:39

I would love to know your response

VitalStollenFix Thu 11-Dec-14 13:20:22

Don't let them share.

That is taking the piss, it really is.

Sharing a taxi is supposed to benefit both parties. That's why people do it.

You really need to tell them it's half (up front! because they sound like they'll shaft you) or get their own.

But you won't, will you? I am guessing this will be yet another stunt by one of your horrible relatives or something and you'll take it up the arse as always. sad I wish you could see you deserve better than to be crapped on by everyone in your life. thanks

sunflower49 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:20:52

Impolite, uncouth, and brass necked. I too want to know your response!

TiggerLillies Thu 11-Dec-14 13:21:53

What ThinkIveBeen said. Depending on your relationship to this person I think that this is more than cheeky, it's downright rude. It's not even as though they have claimed money difficulties and asked in a more humble manner.

oswellkettleblack Thu 11-Dec-14 13:22:13

No, you pay half or we don't share.

Itsfab Thu 11-Dec-14 13:24:29

YANBU

Do not let this person share your taxi! If you do you will be treated like a mug forever by them.

NotActuallyAMum Thu 11-Dec-14 13:25:27

Tell her to ring AmIBeingAbused for a lift grin

<gets coat>

IAmLiftzilla Thu 11-Dec-14 13:26:31

Oh are you offering free lifts? Would you like to take me to work?

Edenviolet Thu 11-Dec-14 13:27:51

It was dsis regarding visiting DM.

She was so angry I just wondered if actually I was bu and perhaps she was right.
I told her that I can't really afford it either but she said in a huff that she will not go as needs a rest now

WipsGlitter Thu 11-Dec-14 13:27:59

Good grief. Some people are unbelievable!

TheNumberfaker Thu 11-Dec-14 13:32:49

You either pay half at the time or pay your turn. We shared a taxi to our Xmas do with another couple. They paid on the way out, we paid on the way back. If I was taking my mum (a pensioner) then I might offer to pay it all but if anyone said what your friend/relative has then I'd tell them to get their own bloody taxi!

QuinnTwinny Thu 11-Dec-14 13:34:24

It would be cheaper for her to split the cost with you, rather than getting her own taxi. Silly woman.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now