Talk

Advanced search

to have eaten the whole tub of Christmas chocolates?

(28 Posts)
atticusclaw Thu 11-Dec-14 12:04:27

To be fair I started on the tub of Roses a couple of weeks ago thinking that I'd just eat the coffee cream since I'm the only one who likes them anyway.

I've just eaten the last of the caramel ones with the hazelnut in them and I don't even like those ones.

It's really not setting a good example to the DCs is it! blush

LaurieFairyCake Thu 11-Dec-14 12:08:41

Seems to me you just have to get better at hiding it

Buy another tin or two (so you can eat the second one)

atticusclaw Thu 11-Dec-14 12:11:35

Perhaps three tins would be the best bet seeing as how its only 11th December.

Drania Thu 11-Dec-14 12:17:35

YANBU. Think of yourself as quality control before you let the family have a tin.

LadySybilLikesSloeGin Thu 11-Dec-14 12:18:48

It's fine, they need eating. You'll have to get some more though wink

Gawjushun Thu 11-Dec-14 12:21:34

Maybe if you eat enough of them now you'll be sick of chocolate by Xmas. It's all part of a healthy eating plan you see.

Lostriver Thu 11-Dec-14 12:22:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

atticusclaw Thu 11-Dec-14 18:23:27

Well I have been out and bought a tin of quality street to replace the roses. This was a deliberate move since their coffee ones aren't nearly as nice as the roses. I'm hoping it will help me to stay away.

Love the healthy eating plan line!

EatDessertFirst Thu 11-Dec-14 18:32:26

I had to give my two tins of sweets (heroes and celebrations) and the choc orange, pringles, biccies, matchmakers and various nuts to my DM to look after as I will eat them if they are in the house.

atticusclaw Thu 11-Dec-14 18:44:07

I've left the quality street in the car boot for the same reason.

Mind you the car is parked right next to the house….

hoppus Thu 11-Dec-14 21:14:15

I gave DH a long talk about not touching the sweets until Christmas and it’s really important we save them blah blah... lost my willpower about 20 minutes later and opened them

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 11-Dec-14 21:16:14

When do you eat them all over Christmas? We're normally too full of turkey and christmas cake to even look at a chocolate!

StillSquirrelling Thu 11-Dec-14 21:22:44

blush blush We start buying the tubs as soon as they are in the shops - 2 for £10 or £4 each sort of offers. I think I've we've eaten about 4 tubs already, PLUS two chocolate oranges. I'm terrible when it comes to chocolate. I don't drink and I don't smoke so I figure it's not too terrible.

Also, chocolate is one of the only things I can eat (along with honey nut shredded wheat, bizarrely!) sometimes when I'm in a flare from my colitis. If I didn't have chocolate then I expect I'd be about a size 4 now!

To be fair you are very unreasonable to like the coffee creams and not the caramel ones... Wrong on every level. Eating the Christmas chocs early is a perk of being a grown up!

WorraLiberty Thu 11-Dec-14 21:26:17

There are tons of these threads every year.

I don't know why people just don't buy a tin for the family for Christmas and buy a tin for themselves, if they know that for whatever reason they are going to want to eat them all.

ThisFenceIsComfy Thu 11-Dec-14 21:28:29

I ate all three of the chocolate snowmen I was saving for the kids stocking.

StillSquirrelling Thu 11-Dec-14 21:30:34

oftenlurking I also love the coffee creams grin It's great because so many people DON'T like them so I get offered them. I do also like the caramels too. I don't really like the green triangles much though hmm

StillSquirrelling Thu 11-Dec-14 21:30:53

apologies for the bad grammar!

londonrach Thu 11-Dec-14 21:40:24

Yabvvvvvu to like the coffee ones..surely you know the best ones are the strawberry or raspberry creams. Yabvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvu if you eaten those without sharing or giving them all to me. I accidently opened a tub two weeks ago and have none left. I blame the mice (we might have some).

londonrach Thu 11-Dec-14 21:41:38

Takes the green triangles off stillsquirrelling and hands her the coffee creams

atticusclaw Thu 11-Dec-14 22:06:16

Maybe we could do an MN christmas chocolates swap thread! I will gladly swap any chocolates for Roses coffee ones (dark green). They are delicious, just a hint of coffee.

Hmm, now I'm annoyed that I bought quality street rather than roses.

mummytowillow Thu 11-Dec-14 22:11:52

I've eaten a whole tub of heroes blush

I usually take them to my mums until Xmas Eve so I can't eat them !

Thought I might have had some willpower this year ....

Peedie Thu 11-Dec-14 22:14:14

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who does this....

And I'm deffo up for swaps, I loathe the coffee creams. Roses Caramel barrels for me every time although I suspect I'm showing my age by calling them that.

Mousefinkle Thu 11-Dec-14 22:38:52

I'm not guilty of this myself because I have amazing self control obviously wink. But my nan is! She buys 10 boxes of roses to give as gifts when they're on sale in October or whatever but ends up scoffing half the boxes before Christmas time fgrin. Roses are pretty naff anyway, as are quality street. Gimme a nice box of truffles any day...

mrsfuzzy Fri 12-Dec-14 00:06:48

oh god, whilst sitting here reading aibu s i've eaten a whole terry's choc orange, didn't notice it disappearing so quick !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now