Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to move my family to greendale

(18 Posts)
BrereRabbit Thu 11-Dec-14 09:43:15

Just while we save for a mortgage. I've been looking in some books we had lying around and the wage there seems massive compared to the price for local services.
For example one of their local farmers recently had a rocket delivered by royal mail special delivery. Here it costs a few pounds for just a parcel. The local shop keeper had a huge ice sculpture delivered by royal mail too. We could save a fortune. I'm unsure about house prices mind.

Islander79 Thu 11-Dec-14 09:52:07

The service is excellent - once the local postie lost a parcel from the back of his van but as soon as he realised he got the helicopter out and found it smile

However, I feel the village is lacking in character with the departure of Granny Dryden, Miss Hubbard and Major Forbes...

roofio87 Thu 11-Dec-14 09:57:25

I don't know, I know the local delivery service always gets the job done, but there just seems to be too many hijinx going on for my liking. Every single parcel seems to go on some wacky adventure and if you live there you're sure to get roped in.

ithoughtofitfirst Thu 11-Dec-14 11:34:48

It all just seems a little too perfect there though. Has anyone seen Hot Fuzz? I wonder if they've got some kind of secret society where they 'take care of' naughty people who might cause a scandal.

Frizzcat Thu 11-Dec-14 11:41:19

I agree with ithought they're all too happy. However, I think they may be running a drugs cartel using thd Royal Mail and the Rail Network which would explain the money.

All the kids are the same age, I also wonder if there's some sort of cult involved, Pat might be a love god/gurufconfused

WowserBowser Thu 11-Dec-14 11:43:09

I would definitely prefer it to Pontypandy.

froomeonthebroom Thu 11-Dec-14 11:45:58

I would worry about the potential bullying related to not having a school uniform tbh grin

Islander79 Fri 12-Dec-14 17:52:09

Actually, Bill is a year older than the other kids... <outsselfasutterPPnerd>

Suspiciously high proportion of red haired children, I've always thought.

NakedFamilyFightClub Fri 12-Dec-14 17:56:28

YADBU - the Special Delivery Service is worse than Yodel. Take the last episode I saw - want a film delivered by 12? Pat will lose the parcel then offer up his kids home video as a substitute...

Piratejones Fri 12-Dec-14 17:56:29

The service is excellent

not all the time, There was that time he lost his glasses and accidentally delivered vegetables to people.

fairgame Fri 12-Dec-14 17:58:14

I considered it but i heard that there was this rogue black and white cat that craps in everyone's flower beds.

Diryan Fri 12-Dec-14 18:02:45

And there's a Greendale hottie, in the form of hunky Ben at the sorting-office

dawntigga Fri 12-Dec-14 18:28:03

YY, you can be as incompetent at your job as anything and NEVER GET SACKED! Frankly I think Vodafone are based in Greendale.

FuckingVodafoneTiggaxx

Islander79 Mon 15-Dec-14 07:03:24

Fair point, Piratejones.

ElphabaTheGreen Mon 15-Dec-14 07:08:02

The service is great if you don't mind your delivery smashed, damaged, lost or substituted hmm

I'm perplexed as to who Charlie is now living with since his dad appears to have shot through. Or has he given up teaching and become a recluse?

Think I'd prefer Pencaster, anyway. A bit more cosmopolitan.

ArthurSHappeyChristmas Mon 15-Dec-14 07:15:57

I'd rather live on sodor personally. smile

Mousefinkle Mon 15-Dec-14 09:46:56

Yabu. The service is SHIT. Quite how he wasn't fired years ago for sheer incompetence I do not know. He's always late or breaks/loses the items. And I bet there's cat hairs all over the parcels too, that's not good for those with allergies- so selfish!

Greendale is definitely missing old Miss Hubbard nowadays and that delivery man that would bring all of the food and toiletries to the village in the days before online shopping grin. Also, a postie with a helicopter- really?! hmm

LoisHatesChristmas Mon 15-Dec-14 09:50:08

You get to take your cat to work in Greendale. Imagine that in rl? Asda overran with cats and dogs. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now