Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to have a bowl of custard for my dinner?

(33 Posts)
Godcreatedcricket Wed 10-Dec-14 18:13:47

With a packet of Mini Cheddars as a chaser.

Had a Pot Noodle for lunch.

I have a mild but persistent hangover and I want to pretend it's 1997 and I'm a student again.

The kids think it's perfect acceptable. I like these little people.

DoubleValiumLattePlease Wed 10-Dec-14 18:16:01

When I lived on food like that with only bottles of Holsten Pils inbetween (80's!!) I was the thinnest and least sick I've ever been. Time for an enquiry!

Lifesalemon Wed 10-Dec-14 18:18:52

YANBU as long as they are branston pickle mini chedders. I personally would add fruit crumble or Bakewell tart to the custard too but I understand that you are probably trying to eat healthy grin enjoy!

Fluffyears Wed 10-Dec-14 18:25:44

Pot noodles are shit now though!

TallulahTwinkletoes Wed 10-Dec-14 18:26:34

Do it!!!!! Sounds amazing grin

MrsPepperMintonCandyCane Wed 10-Dec-14 18:26:47

It sounds a good idea to me. Sugar and carbs usually help chase mine away.

FarelyKnuts Wed 10-Dec-14 18:27:09

Can't see why not. Isn't being a grown up about getting to choose what shite we put in our bodies?

NorbertDentressangle Wed 10-Dec-14 18:28:08

Add a banana to the custard and I'm sure that will tick all the "food groups" boxes

Theselittlelightsofmine Wed 10-Dec-14 18:28:43

I'm having Coco Popssmile

bigbluestars Wed 10-Dec-14 18:38:17

I didn't fancy dinner tonight. Instead I have eaten a big box of blueberries covered in squirty cream.

CatsClaus Wed 10-Dec-14 18:40:48

ooooh custard!

I say go for it, but once we had popcorn and pringles for our evening meal, and another time we had the chocolate fountain and frozen berries so I am hardly head Nutritionist.

ChickenMe Wed 10-Dec-14 18:47:04

Custard is so comforting so not U

Godcreatedcricket Wed 10-Dec-14 19:11:16

Good stuff. I've done it!
I like you people.
Tomorrow I will do Pilates and eat oily fish with avocado, or some other bollocky healthy stuff.

VitalStollenFix Wed 10-Dec-14 19:24:48

Good. The beauty of being an adult is that you get to have whatever you choose!

Im doing chips tonight. And not boring but good for you parboiled and bunged in the oven chips but actual chopped up and chucked in a pan of oil chips.
I dont actually have a fryer so i am sitting in the kitchen with a saucepan full of hot oil, eyeing the fire blanket a bit anxiously.
grin

Godcreatedcricket Wed 10-Dec-14 19:32:42

I'm now hankering after some of your chips, VitalStollenFix. And stollen. You foody temptress, you.

HappenstanceMarmite Wed 10-Dec-14 19:33:15

I approve. When I was single I would often have single food meals. So when my daughter would ask on the phone what I was having for dinner, the reply would often be "nuts" or "cheese". My dishwasher would only go on twice a week and only then because I'd run out of mugs and knives and because there was a funky smell coming from it

VitalStollenFix Wed 10-Dec-14 19:35:19

grin
I have pickled onion vinegar for the chips.
Mmmmm

Dragonfly71 Wed 10-Dec-14 19:37:56

Last night I had yoghurt, 2 crumpets ( one jam, one marmite) and a custard tart. Oh! Then a four finger kit Kat. I was HORMONAL ok?

Godcreatedcricket Wed 10-Dec-14 19:38:35

Stop teasing me, Vital! I've been known to drink vinegar, I love it so much.
Or maybe you could just adopt me?

Anonnynonny Wed 10-Dec-14 19:40:28

Excellent choice

I had a piece of fish, a slice of toast and peanut butter and am now tucking into cherry pie with cream.

Just could not be arsed to cook properly

Topseyt Wed 10-Dec-14 19:43:46

Ahhhhh!! Custard and squirty cream sound fab to me, and I haven't eaten yet as we just spent all evening at my daughter's school parents evening.

Just ordered Indian takeaway for all of us. <wonders whether custard and squirty cream would go with that and shakes head>

FindoGask Wed 10-Dec-14 19:43:47

One of the joys of being a grown-up is being able to eat whatever the hell you want for dinner, so YANBU.

VitalStollenFix Wed 10-Dec-14 19:43:58

Hmmm. Well, you DO have excellent taste in food.
How tidy do you keep your bedroom ?
grin

DreamingDiva13 Wed 10-Dec-14 19:45:29

Custard sounds yum I might have that as next course, have just polished off some chocolate ready brek....I feel too poorly for actual proper food!

LittleBearPad Wed 10-Dec-14 19:45:48

I think cheddars before custard. But otherwise crack on. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now