Talk

Advanced search

to look at my Christmas presents?

(12 Posts)
operaha Wed 10-Dec-14 18:10:59

I'm not doing it I'm not doing it I'm not doing it.
Argh! Dp hid them really well, know it might not sound it but for me to go in this place is really unusual - think high up fairly rarely used cupboard that i can't reach.
I thought something was in it, which it was and when I got it out I saw packaging that I know is presents for me.
I really didn't want to see! I know what it is as in what the brand makes but I have no idea actually what's in there and really don't want to know! But I'm like a child.....at Christmas!
I'm not going to look.
Though there were two so they better both be for me or my next aibu will be "to kill dp"
distract me!

youbethemummylion Wed 10-Dec-14 18:13:24

Dont look tell DH you sas the packaging and to move them somewhere else, that way you won't be tempted.

skylark2 Wed 10-Dec-14 18:28:08

I don't understand why people play this daft mind game. Why didn't your DH just wrap it up and put it under the tree / where the tree will go?

26Point2Miles Wed 10-Dec-14 18:30:01

Speaking of daft mind games.... Why go searching?

Bunbaker Wed 10-Dec-14 18:35:52

I don't put presents under the tree until Christmas. It is too easy to see them from the window.

SlimJiminy Wed 10-Dec-14 18:43:28

I once "peeked" at every single present my parents had bought me for Christmas. I think they'd got sick of hiding them in increasingly obscure places and thought 'sod it - if they find them, they find them'. It definitely wasn't as magical that year opening stuff I'd already seen - and I haven't ever felt the need to peek since.

operaha Wed 10-Dec-14 18:57:50

Oh i didn't think it was mind games! He would never expect me to go in that cupboard...
His gig tickets I've got him are hidden in one of my drawers grin

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 10-Dec-14 19:07:02

Hiding presents in a cupboard is mind games confused

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 10-Dec-14 19:07:13

?

Hatespiders Wed 10-Dec-14 19:42:10

I hope that stupid bloody Elf thing isn't watching. You're a Very Naughty Girl. Santa will take them all away and give them to a Good Girl instead.

FestiveElf Wed 10-Dec-14 19:54:50

YABU! I once peeked then felt terrible afterwards fsmile. If he is wanting to surprise you then wait impatiently or ask to see one of the smaller ones as a compromise!

TheHatInTheCat Wed 10-Dec-14 20:12:27

Dying to know the brand?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now