Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to not know where to look for foreign friends?

(9 Posts)
Littleen Wed 10-Dec-14 15:59:40

I know this is not the right section, but the international forum seems a bit dead, and I don't know where else to post!

I really want to find some other foreign friends, preferably Scandinavian like me, but I just don't know where to look! Please can anyone advise me? smile

enderwoman Wed 10-Dec-14 16:12:29

Where do you live?

I've seen foreign friends living in the UK organising Meetups on Facebook. The Meetups range from toddler groups where the children hear their mother's native language being spoken to church services in that language and Meetups where people go out for meals or the cinema.

Rainbunny Wed 10-Dec-14 16:45:24

There are websites like uk.meetup.com where you can find groups that interest you - anything from book clubs to sports to cultural clubs. You can search by geographical location or special interest. This website operates in multiple countries so if you're not in the UK you should still check it out.

I also just googled "british scandinavian societies" and came up with a bunch of organizations... hope you find something smile

Florabeebaby Wed 10-Dec-14 17:48:21

I'm Finnish...I'm in Dorset! If you are somewhere near me I will be your friend. smile

Littleen Wed 10-Dec-14 19:38:39

Florabeebaby I'm in Basingstoke, so it's 1,5 hours away! -.- I love finnish people <3

Florabeebaby Thu 11-Dec-14 15:28:19

smile A bit far then....if you are ever my way, let me know. We'll have coffee...and some herrings!! grin

SaucyMare Thu 11-Dec-14 16:22:17

any online computer game is swamped with scandanavians, it is where i met all my swedish friends.

Littleen Fri 12-Dec-14 15:40:55

Sounds good, Flora !
SaucyMare I already play online games, but none of the Scandinavians live in the UK =(

I've been spamming InterNations so hoping something will come from it!

BertieBotts Fri 12-Dec-14 15:42:24

Meetup is definitely good. That's where I find fellow "Ausländers" here in Germany smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now