Talk

Advanced search

Pissed off with Waitrose

(18 Posts)
GoodKingQuintless Wed 10-Dec-14 12:18:54

They had lots of offers on this weeks shop. Buy two for £7, two for £5, etc. with savings for over £20 in total.

Only, they did not have 2 of the different items, only 1. So not only did I pay the price for just ONE before the offer price ( so not half of the offer price), I have items I cant really use, because as a family of 4, One pack of two fish fillets isnt going to be enough.

These items were mixed in with all the other shopping, so I could not dig them out and send them back, without causing a major faff.

It is just really annoying. You try to save some money by buying food that is on offer, and then you end up with several lots of half dinners etc, at full price, so it will cost me more to go and buy more food.

Back to Ocado, I think.

MoonAndBackAgain Wed 10-Dec-14 12:32:49

I don't have any experience of this Adsa always have stock on the shelves but it does sound annoying.

GoodKingQuintless Wed 10-Dec-14 12:41:23

If I had done the shopping in a physical shop, as opposed to online, I would have known what was out of stock. But as it is, they sold it to me, at ONE price, for the multibuy price, then delivered only one item, and changed the price afterwords.

H2OWoe Wed 10-Dec-14 12:45:58

This is why I will never use Waitrose online again, they performed really poorly. Waitrose are great instore but for online, Ocado's service puts Waitrose in the shade.

Cumberlover76 Wed 10-Dec-14 12:50:28

Whenever Waitrose sub items that are in an offer i.e the 3 for £10 and it means i don't get the offer i email them and ask for them to refund the difference.

I would contact them and explain how their lack of stock has caused you to be out of pocket and that the products on their own are not suitable as you wanted them in the offer. it is likely they will refund for you.

I have not had your exact experience, but i would definitely get in contact and ask them to refund. I order directly with waitrose though and not via Ocado.

AimlesslyPurposeful Wed 10-Dec-14 12:51:14

I would email Waitrose and explain what has happened and tell them that you won't be ordering from them again.

I haven't ordered from Waitrose online so I don't know what the set up is but it sounds like there needs to be an option of cancelling the items if something is on offer but there aren't enough items in stock to honour the offer.

GoodKingQuintless Wed 10-Dec-14 12:58:25

I placed the order yesterday, on Waitrose online, so it is odd there wasnt enough stock today.

codandchipstwice Wed 10-Dec-14 13:10:01

I had an utter nightmare with my online Waitrose shop - culminating in not being able to check it out - and the order showing as ready at a completely different store to that I ordered with.

I could do the shop on my phone but not check it out, or check it out on my laptop but could not amend it.

DH finally got it and no apologies or anything - even though their Twitter person, Customer Services and Technical Team were looking into it.

Never again, Ocado all the way - have just been amending 3 orders for them (tomorrow, next week and Christmas) - and cheaper too

Nightboattocairo Wed 10-Dec-14 14:56:15

Just call them direct, they will refund you the difference. The thing is, your order is picked as if you the customer were there yourself, so if it's there, it's there. Stock isn't ordered on the basis of what you've added, if that makes sense?! Just running out of the door!

Mammanat222 Wed 10-Dec-14 15:01:55

Just complain and they'll probably refund you the difference?

Do Waitrose not do the same as Ocado and tell you if there are any missing items the morning of the delivery?

fiorentina Wed 10-Dec-14 15:04:42

Tell the driver next time and they sort this out for a discount. It is poor that usually you have to point this out and that they don't flag it, but they always sort it. On the plus side with their offers in store. If there's a multi buy discount but items are additionally 'reduced to clear' then they take off both discounts. Hence absolute bargains!!

Give them a call to sort today's order.

windymila Wed 10-Dec-14 15:08:17

It seems completely mad that they wouldn't have a protocol for when this happens. I have had this happen with other supermarkets, and they have either kept the items separately and said that they couldn't give me the offer, did I still want it? Or they have just charged me for half the price.

I would definitely complain and would be surprised if they didn't refund you.

worldgonecrazy Wed 10-Dec-14 15:10:18

Phone up and complain - normally the refund will be in your account within a couple of days.

I have never had a problem with Waitrose Online delivery, other than not booking a Christmas week delivery slot early enough.

GoodKingQuintless Wed 10-Dec-14 15:14:03

I need to phone them anyway.

I ordered a large tefal pot from John Lewis, along with 5 other items. The other 5 items arrived, I picked them up from my local Waitrose, then a few days later I had a notification that the tefal pot had been "returned to store", so I reckon they did not have it in stock after all. The problem is, it was quite pricey, and they have not yet refunded me!

youareallbonkers Wed 10-Dec-14 15:14:45

They put their substitutions in separate bags. However I would email them and they should refund the difference

GoodKingQuintless Wed 10-Dec-14 22:36:57

It is a shame they cant put the missing items in separate bags, too. grin

ouryve Wed 10-Dec-14 22:39:43

Sainsburys are buggers for doing that with online orders, too.

Theoretician Wed 10-Dec-14 23:57:37

A bit off-topic, but I think it was Waitrose who gave DW a special offer discount on marked down goods such that the discount was more than the price, i.e. they effectively paid her to take them away. This was a few years ago, presumably they've fixed their software since then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now