Talk

Advanced search

Should we just give ISIS their own country and let them get on with it..?

(75 Posts)
AWholeLottaNosy Mon 08-Dec-14 22:19:55

Just saw a headline, ISIS behead 4 children for not converting for Islam. I was just wondering if they want an Islamic state so much with Sharia law,should the powers that be just give them their own country ( like Israel has) and let them get on with it? So everyone who wants to live in that way can do so and leave the rest of us alone..?

I realise this is probably an unrealistic solution but God knows, bombing the hell out of them, young men from the UK wanting to go join them, be heading men on the internet and raping young women and girls certainly isn't either...

ReallyTired Mon 08-Dec-14 22:23:36

No those children were beheaded for the same reasons that the Nazis gased jewish children.

ISIS have more in common with the Nazi party than the rest of the Islamic world. They want to conquer the word and expand their caliphate. They are quite clear that they have no intention to live peacefully.

The only solution is to oblitate ISIS from the earth.

Reekypear Mon 08-Dec-14 22:24:18

There are many sharia countries in the world already.

whois Mon 08-Dec-14 22:24:41

Well, giving a religious group a country didn't work out too well for global geopolitics last time did it...

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 08-Dec-14 22:24:57

Israel worked out brilliantly.

You either give them shit land no one wants in which case, they won't live there. Or good land someone is already living on in which case, where so you live and do you think you and all your neighbours will want to move?

However, it's not like I have an answer.

Lucy61 Mon 08-Dec-14 22:25:57

They don't want just a country, they want an entire empire. They must be stopped. Force alone won't do it; we've got to tackle the ideology that feeds them.

AWholeLottaNosy Mon 08-Dec-14 22:27:27

I have no answer either but the world powers just seem to want to bomb them out of existence which just seems to recruit more people to their cause worldwide. And how do you fight people who see death as the ultimate glory...?

DoraGora Mon 08-Dec-14 22:27:52

Four children would probably not seem all that many to Gengis Khan or Pol Pot, Hitler or Stalin. The world, thankfully, has gotten past the point of letting any nutcase, with his own army, make up the rules. Maybe, in an age when rockets can cross continents, that has less to do with morality, and a whole lot to do with saving our own asses. But, whatever the reason for bombing dictators, I think it follows a basic principle that genocidal leaders are bad and the fewer of them in existence at any time, the better.

Bluestocking Mon 08-Dec-14 22:28:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SaucyJack Mon 08-Dec-14 22:28:35

Yeah, YABU.

ISIS don't want to live peacefully ever after. They like what they're doing,

Never mind the poor sods you'd be condemning to live under ISIS rule.

BobbyBingoooo Mon 08-Dec-14 22:28:46

I'm tempted to agree OP. See how they do without any modern devilish technology and an insane doctrine.

Problem is whatever piece of land they decide on will be populated by normal people like you and me just trying to eek a living out and not interested in ISIS's bonkers outlook on life.

AWholeLottaNosy Mon 08-Dec-14 22:30:59

So what's the solution..?

AWholeLottaNosy Mon 08-Dec-14 22:33:22

"It's pretty clear that ISIS are funded by the Americans and Israelis to continue to ramp up global Islamophobia"

How do you know that??

Bettercallsaul1 Mon 08-Dec-14 22:35:43

Even if it were possible and practical to "give" Isis a country (Where? And who would want them as neighbours?), this would have the effect of rewarding a vile, intolerant regime which is definitely not the message we want to send.

MrsMook Mon 08-Dec-14 22:38:30

Antartica is avaliable...

Pasithea Mon 08-Dec-14 22:39:09

Isis don't want countries. They want everyone in the modern world to live by their customs and laws.

Women getting upset over breast feeding in public .
Disabled people not getting spaces on buses

I think that in the not too distant future today's problems may seem slightly trivial

SolomanDaisy Mon 08-Dec-14 22:41:56

Which country were you thinking of? Wales? Or do they need somewhere bigger, like England? Or were you thinking of somewhere where it would only affect those funny foreign types?

IAmNotAMindReader Mon 08-Dec-14 22:44:06

No it wouldn't work, its not as simple as a place of their own. They declared a Caliphate, then that wasn't enough. They stated they wouldn't rest till the countries that were Islamic pre crusades were united under it. Now they are throwing in countries at random who they want to join who never have been Islamic.

DoraGora Mon 08-Dec-14 22:44:49

I don't think ISIS has the firepower to tumble the world order. But, it certainly has the capacity to give Obama a belly ache. I think we can continue to worry about breast feeding and space on buses. But, we just need to know that there are also some crazies out there in the rocks who want to bomb us.

Maybe breast feed with a combat helmet on?

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Mon 08-Dec-14 22:45:44

What country would you like to give them?

however Mon 08-Dec-14 22:47:22

Blue stocking, when you say 'the Americans and Israelis' you mean their respective governments?

glacierchick Mon 08-Dec-14 22:47:55

Antarctica is most empatically not available Mrs Mook...

"... a natural reserve, devoted to peace and science". Antarctic Treaty.....

wink

Bluestocking Mon 08-Dec-14 22:49:00

It's generally agreed that most of their funding for ISIS comes from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar, all close allies of the US, and there have been no reprisals. You may draw a different conclusion.

Cornettoninja Mon 08-Dec-14 22:49:02

The goal of Islamic fundamentalism is not to have a state (plenty of countries is existence where if not already applicable would be easier to covert) but to convert and implement their version of Islam to as many places on earth as possible. By what ever means necessary. They believe that's what god wants them to do and their 'war' is heavenly ordained. Everyone resisting is fair game according to their ideology.

That's also what makes it a difficult issue to tackle.

MarmiteMania Mon 08-Dec-14 22:51:28

Bluestocking your thinking is seriousy warped if you think ISIS is. funded by USA and Israel. Which planet do you inhabit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now