Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is it just the pregnancy hormones?

(13 Posts)
joeschmoesmum Mon 08-Dec-14 18:12:30

I am probably being spoilt, and I have never been a birthday kind of person, but it was my birthday today and I wanted my family to acknowledge it. I did not expect much as it has been a hectic time in our household, we have a toddler and both work, I am pt, DH is a full time teacher with reports at the moment. Also, I am 33 weeks into a stressful and high-risk pregnancy and DH has been doing pretty much everything around the house.

So I have no complaints in general, it is just that today I was hoping that someone (not on FB) would remember... DH totally forgot until I got a message in the morning and he asked who it was for, as it was unusual and I replied it was my best friend wishing me happy birthday... He then said "oh yes, happy birthday" and that was that...

My mum did not call and my brother, whom I have seen twice today, didn't mention it either. It brought me to tears, though I realise I am no longer 5 and have to have a birthday party and cake...

AIBU to want people to wish me happy birthday?

LokiBear Mon 08-Dec-14 18:17:49

YANBU. I love my birthday and would be upset if everyone forgot. Happy birthday flowers

Putthatonyourneedles Mon 08-Dec-14 18:18:41

Oh that sucks!!!! At the least I would expect a phone call and a card.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!cake

FaFoutis Mon 08-Dec-14 18:19:52

YANBU. That is very thoughtless.

Happy Birthday!

SantasFavouriteHo Mon 08-Dec-14 18:28:19

Happy Birthday!!! All the best people were born today wink

Bulbasaur Mon 08-Dec-14 18:30:20

Happy Birthday! cake wine

I would throw a fit if my family ever forgot my birthday. I expect to feel a little special at least one day a year.

Frikadellen Mon 08-Dec-14 18:37:41

YANBU

My dh forgot my birthday when I turned 36. It is almost 10 years ago and it still stings like crazy when I think about it.

RobbStarksBitch Mon 08-Dec-14 18:40:54

That's awful �� I had a pretty shitty birthday myself this year as we're skint ATM but at least everyone remembered! Happy birthday OP x

joeschmoesmum Mon 08-Dec-14 18:48:47

Awwww!! Thank you all!! Now I feel a bit better... Thanks for the cake and flowers. Will pass on the wine (not for lack of wanting...)

JennyBlueWren Mon 08-Dec-14 18:59:03

Happy Birthday!!!

I'm hoping he was just pretending to have forgotten as he has a big surprise ready for you. If not then send him out to get you something very nice (chocolate cake or whatever it is you fancy) and make it quite clear that you expect him to make it up to you for the rest of the week/year/pregnancy!

My parents don't normally phone (in-laws do though) but would have got a card and perhaps a present in the post.

DejaVuAllOverAgain Mon 08-Dec-14 19:01:01

Happy Birthday flowers

Casmama Mon 08-Dec-14 19:08:25

That's rubbish! What would the reactions be if you acted the same way on their birthdays?

joeschmoesmum Mon 08-Dec-14 20:02:40

Ok, ok, DH has come through (a bit at least)! He has come home with flowers and chocolate!! I do think he genuinely forgot, but thought on his feet and went to pick something up afters work- I'm happy now!
Thank you all for responses and wishes!

fsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now