Talk

Advanced search

to hate my mothers ill voice

(7 Posts)
PopcornFrenzy Mon 08-Dec-14 13:04:33

Whenever she's poorly she has this voice she uses, like an ill voice you would use if throwing a sickie, it drives me mad...why can't she speak normally when she has a chest infection/sore foot insert latest illness

WerewolfBarMitzvah Mon 08-Dec-14 13:07:38

Ha my boss did this too. So funny.
All gravelly and weak.
Then an hour later, she would forget and phone to tell me she had ordered something 'cool' on the internet with a chirpy normal voice.

justmuddlingalong Mon 08-Dec-14 13:09:15

I would say 'Mum, I think you should see a doctor, since your sore foot is making your voice sound funny, that chest infection must be bad, it's affecting your voice, let me Dr Google your symptoms-sore knee and weird voice' etc, etc.

Andrewofgg Mon 08-Dec-14 13:25:23

OP Because she wants attention?

Andrew, wash your mouth and your keyboard out with soap for having such a wicked thought!

MizK Mon 08-Dec-14 13:27:36

Eurgh my DP has an ill voice which instantly makes any sympathy I feel evaporate. So YANBU and I understand your pain!

trukevoli Mon 08-Dec-14 13:27:54

My grandma does this.....it sounds very similar to her dad voice. Both of which she always forgets to use half way through a conversation when it goes back to her exciting trips out she has planned (no matter how sick/sad she is). it is a running joke now in our family.

even funnier when my dad started to do it.

ElizabethLemon Mon 08-Dec-14 13:40:12

Hahaha, no yanbu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now