Talk

Advanced search

To think she's taking the piss!!

(9 Posts)
Username12345 Mon 08-Dec-14 08:47:59

I'm furious but that might be the lack of sleep, so lend me your level heads.

Dentist sent me a letter saying he needs to see me after having x-rays taken. He works limited hours. I try to make an appointment with this dentist via his receptionist.

First time I ring, he doesn't work that day. Fine.

Next time I ring, it's only open half day, no appointments. Fine.

Next time, I wasn't quick enough ringing and was third in the queue, by the time the receptionist took my call she said all appointments were gone.

It opens at 8am and I was up all last night so stayed up and started calling a few minutes before 8. Keep saying it's shut so I keep calling, I get through and I'm put in the queue, I'm first.

My call gets answered 8:15. I'm then told all the appointments are gone! How is that even possible!

TheOriginalWinkly Mon 08-Dec-14 08:55:23

If it's like my doctors, there will be a queue of people outside the door at 7.55, and they'll all get appointments before the receptionist starts answering the phone. If I need an appointment urgently now I go in person if I can physically manage it.

TheOriginalWinkly Mon 08-Dec-14 08:55:29

If it's like my doctors, there will be a queue of people outside the door at 7.55, and they'll all get appointments before the receptionist starts answering the phone. If I need an appointment urgently now I go in person if I can physically manage it.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 08-Dec-14 08:55:44

Dunno, didn't you ask them?

Kingoftheroad Mon 08-Dec-14 08:56:43

Do they not make advanced appointments? Why do you have to ring on the day? It is possible that he has a full book each day

Username12345 Mon 08-Dec-14 08:58:29

TestingTestingWonTooFree I did. But she kept saying 'Sorry no appointments left' in a faux cheery voice. angry

Kingoftheroad No can't prebook anymore. I just want my results sad

Kingoftheroad Mon 08-Dec-14 09:08:57

Did you explain to her that you'd had a letter etc? If so, then she's being terribly unreasonable - I would ask that the dentist calls me back so that you can explain to him why you are unable to come in, this should shift her attitude.

Other than that I would go in to surgery and insist on having an appointment etc.

Best of luck

Karoleann Mon 08-Dec-14 09:09:21

I'd drop a letter off and explain that you can't get an appointment and can she either leave a letter for you a reception, call you with the test results or ensure that you can make an appointment.

They have a duty of care to ensure you receive your test results.

arethereanyleftatall Mon 08-Dec-14 09:14:10

It's unusual for a dentists not to allow booking in advance, as most appointments are check ups and/or non urgent.
My dh, is a dentist, and is booked up about 6 weeks in advance, though he will see emergencies in his lunch break.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now