Talk

Advanced search

To put DS and his toy cars in the garden?

(5 Posts)
Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Sun 07-Dec-14 13:04:54

ARGH!!

DS (2) has a toy car with a trailer, which fits another toy car on it.
Only, this isn't good enough for him. He has to put THREE cars on the trailer. Obviously they don't fit.
So he sits there for AGES, precariously balancing these fucking cars on the fucking trailer, and then has a total tantrum when they inevitably all fall off, pointing at them and shouting 'Car! CAAARRRRRRRR!' like it's the end of the world, and rolling around on the floor.

And repeat. X 100.

It's driving me insane! Is this normal? What can I do??

I am being SO patient but I don't know how to deal with this!

first world problem I know but FUCK it's getting to me!

Ifyourawizardwhydouwearglasses Sun 07-Dec-14 13:05:32

And breathe! :D

Velvetbee Sun 07-Dec-14 13:53:52

Car transporter for Christmas?

WaitingForMe Sun 07-Dec-14 14:00:48

My DS is two and I feel your pain. I have moderate success with duplo/Megablocks as a distraction as he can make those stack up.

Of course there are occasions where me suggesting he play with something else makes him incredibly angry.

JennyBlueWren Sun 07-Dec-14 14:41:54

If he's safe in a room/garden on his own then leave him to it. He'll learn to balance them (physics) or learn that they don't fit (measurement/mathematics).
Go into another room and put on some loud music and make him something nice for lunch/dinner/snack for when he's given up.
Or start doing something fun and distracting (but don't make him leave the cars -just happen to be doing it and if he wants to join you then fine).

It would be a great shame if someone "accidentally" lost the extra cars though wouldn't it ;) Toys are always going missing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now