Talk

Advanced search

Neighbours parking

(25 Posts)
SinCara Sun 07-Dec-14 00:46:07

I don't drive, my choice for reasons that don't matter for this thread

I have a parking space outside my house that anyone can use, there is also a green area directly in front of my sitting room window

My neighbours have parked a shitty 98 clapped out banger on the green

It pisses my off

AIBU to be pissed off

brokenhearted55a Sun 07-Dec-14 00:47:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Patrickstarisabadbellend Sun 07-Dec-14 00:48:29

Can you not put some plant pots in the green area?

SinCara Sun 07-Dec-14 00:51:57

Patrickstarisabadbellend - yes if there wasnt a clapped out car in the way!

QuinnTwinny Sun 07-Dec-14 00:53:00

Not the same situation but I get increasingly annoyed at my neighbours basically taking advantage of parking. We live in a tiny street (8 houses) that is private. A few years ago a neighbour decided we should introduce a permit system through a private company, that would mean people without a permit would be fined for parking. Great idea! Bizarrely though, the same neighbour now allows his son and DIL to park in our street, has two cars of his own and also a car declared off the road parked. The private road sign mysteriously disappeared when this started happening... People are very odd when it comes to cars. Sounds daft but I'm serious. It's like basic etiquette goes out the window when it comes to a vehicle.

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Dec-14 00:53:14

Thinking of you and yours at this very difficult time OP

Chin up and please come back to let us know how you all got through this flowers

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Dec-14 00:53:46

Thinking of you and yours at this very difficult time OP

Chin up and please come back to let us know how you all got through this flowers

SinCara Sun 07-Dec-14 01:05:05

Quinn I know exactly what you mean flowers

Worra - I will survive and update you of course brew

sykadelic Sun 07-Dec-14 01:06:10

If it's yours then tell them to move it or call the police/tow company to get it towed. Then I'd turn the green area into a planted area.

WorraLiberty Sun 07-Dec-14 01:07:00

You do realise you'll have to update me twice because I double posted? flowers

SinCara Sun 07-Dec-14 01:12:08

Ha ha I did think about double posting a reply but decided against it [high ground]

It is a council estate so I don't own any of it (or a flat screen TV)

QuinnTwinny Sun 07-Dec-14 01:15:00

Flatscreen tvs are the shiz. Go and sort your priorities...

SavoyCabbage Sun 07-Dec-14 01:26:23

Yes, go and get a flatscreen. Then you won't care what's outside your window cos you can watch Judge Judy instead.

SinCara Sun 07-Dec-14 01:40:56

I watch Judge Judy - love her smile

Sadly she doesnt help with the car thing

RedButtonhole Sun 07-Dec-14 01:46:19

YANBU. If it's a green area surely they are not allowed to park on it, that's what the road is for?

My parents would have a beautiful sea view if
it wasnt for the entitled prick upstairs who parks a massive transit right in front of their window, constantly, despite there being room for at least four cars in front of their houses at any given time.

I'd report it.

SinCara Sun 07-Dec-14 02:33:47

Its a cul-de-sac so if I complain they will know its me

Its a really shit estate, that has a very bad reputation, I could do without people thinking Ive parked a heap of shit outside my house

loveblackcats Sun 07-Dec-14 02:37:36

ffs let it gooo,

loveblackcats Sun 07-Dec-14 02:38:45

probs unreasonable, let it go, as they say

Delarosa Sun 07-Dec-14 16:14:07

You have posted about this before and why does it matter if it was a banger or a mercades? Would u be less annoyed if it was a 30k car?
Childish lamo

SoupDragon Sun 07-Dec-14 16:27:42

why does it matter if it was a banger or a mercades?

At least it would be more attractive if it wasn't a clapped out old banger.

MinceSpy Sun 07-Dec-14 17:02:18

Who does the green belong to?

CaulkheadUpNorth Sun 07-Dec-14 17:07:20

Someone up thread suggested putting pot plants out on the green area. How about putting plants in the banger, make it look a bit better?

MrsPiggie Sun 07-Dec-14 17:07:59

Is the green part of your property or across the road from you, sorry not clear from your post? Yanbu to be pissed off at them parking on the green area anyway, that's not what green areas are for, but if it's part of your garden you've got every right to tell him to move it.

soverylucky Sun 07-Dec-14 17:08:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DidoTheDodo Sun 07-Dec-14 17:22:22

Sprinkle grass seed on the banger. In the spring it will blend in and become invisible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now