Talk

Advanced search

so anxious that i feel sick

(81 Posts)
presario1 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:15:58

oh the thoughts of this makes me want to puke.
last year i filled for a form for the civil service and applied for it and didnt get through. a BIT of back-ground about 2 years ago she asked to go on an amazing hoilday with her. But i had planned to go on hoildays with my bf and i said yes and the bf went mad. so i told her i couldnt go. but then i changed my mind and she went so mad wouldnt talk to me yadda. But she changed her mind again said i could go with her. i said that i didnt have the money but now i have a loan.
fast-forward to 2 years later. we booked a holiday on spain in january. cant wait cheapie all in and all you can eat. I had a rotten year in 2014 so be her baby birthday and a new start on our hoilday.
we been meeting up and texting say cant wait to go on our hoildays, what to wear, plan, etc,
i got and email the other day telling me to go for a interview for a temp civil service job this week. Chances are likely are slap bang in the middle of the hoilday. yes of course i have to do this interview first, and get the job, but i heard they do the interview like on a thurdsday offer the job on a monday and maybe start on a wedsday.
she knows im looking for work and i did say to her im looking for a job after my hoilday. im very undecided tbh even my own sister said to my best friend will wash her hands off me if i mess her again. and i wouldnt blame her. and i havent mentioned the interview to anyone oh the thoughts of it is making me puke

CrohnicallyAnxious Sat 06-Dec-14 21:20:19

Who asked you to go on an amazing holiday with her? Was it Sharon by any chance?

woowoo22 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:20:45

Phone them and change the interview date?

BalconyBill Sat 06-Dec-14 21:21:27

There are parts of this I don't understand, but if you have an interview and get offered the job you just need to say that you have a pre-booked holiday so you can't start until x date. They will be fine with it.

Hatespiders Sat 06-Dec-14 21:21:41

Does the Civil Service job require a certain standard of literacy?

presario1 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:23:01

by the way i had the best time of my life with the chance of a lifetime hoilday to oz and indoasia. it was one of the most fantastic times in my life. she is going to spain with 2 kids and i be there to keep and eye and i never been to that part in spain and always wanted to go. its a shame really i feel like i derserve to go on this hoilday been through a horrible year and this was the only thing i am looking forward besides christmas xxx
the pay for this job is 379 a week and i currently get 188 a week on the dole but the job is temporary and most likely be a 3 month contract oh what do i do?

BalconyBill Sat 06-Dec-14 21:23:17

Seriously confused - do you think the interview will be in the middle of the holiday or that they will expect you to start in the middle of the holiday???? Either way, TALK to them beforehand!

BalconyBill Sat 06-Dec-14 21:24:32

Nope, I give up!

presario1 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:24:55

no i meant the interview for the job is next week. That is ok fine. and you only allocated one spot. but if i get the job i might have to give it up as i cant start at the start date and if your not available you dont get another chance

magpieginglebells Sat 06-Dec-14 21:28:30

Who is she?

Most jobs will be fine to either give annual leave for a pre booked holiday or a start date afterwards. Remember that if you already had a job you'd have to work your notice before you started.

LadyMaryofDownton Sat 06-Dec-14 21:30:03

Go on the Holiday. I can tell your not cut out for the Civil Service.

Walkacrossthesand Sat 06-Dec-14 21:31:40

Is the interview 'this week' as in w/c 8th Dec? If you're successful and they say 'when can you start' you say 'straight away but I have a 1 week holiday booked in January, I can take unpaid leave if the post doesn't have leave entitlement.'

presario1 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:33:19

at the moment im not working. i was just looking at forums where they got that job and had to start at the starting date and their request and when one person wrote in she wasnt available to work that day. Due to a hoilday the person didnt give her the job.
im thinking of mentioning in the interview that i cant work on the 8th -15 jan due to a family wedding.
my mam says no as they think you dont want the job but i rather do it
oh what to do i feel sick. My best friend would go bananas at me if i mess her around again esp since the hoilday is virtually round the cornor

hashtagwhatever Sat 06-Dec-14 21:33:28

But who is she?

Walkacrossthesand Sat 06-Dec-14 21:34:00

Eh? Thought your OP said you were worried they might want you to start straight away - now you're saying you can't start on the start date (in January)?

26Point2Miles Sat 06-Dec-14 21:34:49

Is this a sharon thread?

presario1 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:37:03

im am cut out for the civil service. Your very mean thing to say that lady. Im just a kind person i have booked and pay for a hoilday and i have a funny feeling i be working either the first of jan or even the end of december i could be working for a 8 week or 12 week contract. i say they would want you to start immediately

Walkacrossthesand Sat 06-Dec-14 21:38:49

How about you don't scare yourself witless looking at forums. Decide that you are not going up let your friend down for what is a temporary contract not a once-only career opportunity; you go to the interview; if they want you for the job but can't accommodate the holiday (seems unlikely for civil service!) then you regretfully decline.

presario1 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:39:08

i dont know sharon ok. this is not a troll post i just came here for advice . i havent told my friends for this interview. i came here for advice. if this was you what would you do if you were my shoes

Floggingmolly Sat 06-Dec-14 21:39:17

If you interview the way you presented yourself on here; they probably won't offer you the job anyway...

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 06-Dec-14 21:39:28

What's a Sharon thread?

(I've decided to aim for that question as none of the rest of this makes sense yet)

Walkacrossthesand Sat 06-Dec-14 21:39:34

to not 'up' sorry

Viviennemary Sat 06-Dec-14 21:41:13

Your interview is this week. Go for the interview. Say you can start after your January holiday.

presario1 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:41:26

this is an irish civil service not an uk one. In case you thinking why am i here well at lot of my friends go on the irish parenting sites and i once wrote somthing on my facebook wall and i posted on a site and someone knew who i was that why i prefer to go here.

26Point2Miles Sat 06-Dec-14 21:43:05

It was a long time ago.... A thread that rambled and didn't make sense, but lots of references to sharon... Was brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now