Talk

Advanced search

to really not like chocolate brownies ?

(56 Posts)
vienna1981 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:14:08

Every time I have sampled one I have decided it is a piece of under-baked chocolate cake. I don't see the appeal.

I have similar misgivings about carrot cake. Call me old-fashioned but I thought cakes were made from flour, fat and sugar. Not root vegetables.

Only1scoop Sat 06-Dec-14 21:15:07

I'm not loving the Brownie always thought much the same to be honest....

NotTodaySatan Sat 06-Dec-14 21:15:34

Brownies are overrated.

Carrot cake, however, is the food of the gods. With cream cheese frosting and walnuts. And NO BLOODY RAISINS!

Trills Sat 06-Dec-14 21:15:37

Different people like different food - why would it be unreasonable?

plinkyplonks Sat 06-Dec-14 21:19:29

Brownies and ice-cream yum!!!

StillSquirrelling Sat 06-Dec-14 21:19:36

TBH, I'm not all that fussed about cake in general - I'm a chocolate fiend instead.

I make excellent chocolate brownies though - because they have a more cakey consistency than those undercooked types that you are talking about, OP.

I don't like carrot cake much either - and having just sampled my first red velvet cake last week (which I believe is made from beetroot?), that can go and do one as well.

Of particular annoyance is how supermarket bakery cookies seem to have (over the last few years) gone from being proper baked biscuit goods and turned into floppy, half-cooked specimens. I only ever buy the double chocolate ones (usually dark brown in colour) as they are the only ones that seem to stay in the oven for long enough!

marne2 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:20:19

YABU grin

dottytablecloth Sat 06-Dec-14 21:20:30

Strange thread confused

AIBU to not like mushrooms?

Nocturne123 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:21:42

YABVU!! Now you've made me hungry wink

Topseyt Sat 06-Dec-14 21:22:25

You are fully entitled to have your own likes and dislikes. There is no law saying everyone must like chocolate brownie. grin

I like most things chocolate. I think a chocolate cheesecake would be my preferred option though.

vienna1981 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:38:52

It's late. I thought this might be a divisive subject. Forgive me. I have to go to work at 5 a.m. tomorrow.

I like mushrooms though.

TtipParty Sat 06-Dec-14 21:45:58

YANBU. Brownies have a weird texture and aren't chocolatey enough.

Discopanda Sat 06-Dec-14 21:49:19

5am on a Sunday, ouch! Hmmmm I like brownies but only when they're properly made, shop bought ones tend to be dry and mealy and just not chocolatey enough.

shoofly Sat 06-Dec-14 21:49:47

My chocolate brownies are the only ones worth eating. Proper carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and NO SODDING RAISINS is food of the gods but chocolate cheesecake? Foul and disgusting!

FastWindow Sat 06-Dec-14 21:51:47

See now I like a bit of stodge, and I like chocolate cake, but brownies just miss the point of both. Yanbu.

Shockers Sat 06-Dec-14 21:54:14

I don't like chocolate brownies as a rule. However, Village Bakery chocolate brownies are completely marvellous.

MsJupiter Sat 06-Dec-14 21:56:36

Brownies are ace, carrot cake not my favourite but can be delicious. Mushrooms are fucking disgusting.

Theoretician Sat 06-Dec-14 21:59:05

Brownies are better than chocolate cake.

Bragadocia Sat 06-Dec-14 22:00:38

I don't understand the way people go weak about Brownies. They are fine and tasty, but they are collectively fetishised to a strange degree, and there are hundreds of things I'd rather eat.

maddening Sat 06-Dec-14 22:02:13

I don't like spicy food, I am ok with this.
it is ok not to like something

crumblebumblebee Sat 06-Dec-14 22:02:27

I love a bit of stodge too. Also, I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but I made very good brownies. I can't bake anything else though!

BlueGreenHazelGreen Sat 06-Dec-14 22:02:49

I'm quite pleased about the size of the anti-brownie lobby on here... More for Meeeeeeeee!

planetrees Sat 06-Dec-14 22:03:18

YABU, and I think that you need counselling.

YouTheCat Sat 06-Dec-14 22:04:01

I made truffles today. grin

And I make amazing brownies.

I don't much care for offal though, aibu?

Pasithea Sat 06-Dec-14 22:07:06

I've never tasted a brownie I liked and red velvet is just like shagging someone you've fantasised about for years and then found out they where shit in bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now