Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to feel the way I do

(6 Posts)
welshlady2014 Fri 05-Dec-14 20:13:49

AIBU or am I just been pathetic for feeling the way I do.

Sorry this probably sounds really silly but I just feel so upset. I've had a really horrible day at work sad

To cut a long story short, someone who I work with who is more senior than me but not my manager had a problem with some work that I had done. He spoke to my manager about it which I completely understand but then went on to speak to two other members of staff about it.

He never came to ask me about it so I could explain the situation to him and the reasons behind some of the problems, instead he chose to speak to 3 other people about the situation.

I just feel so annoyed and upset that he didn't come and speak to me, its a horrible feeling that everyone in work is talking about me behind my back.

Hassled Fri 05-Dec-14 20:15:42

That really sucks. Fair enough he speak to your manager, but really unprofessional to speak to other colleagues without talking to you.

dorasee Fri 05-Dec-14 20:17:28

It's manipulative and not constructive or helping you 'improve' (if that's what he thinks needs being done). Can't stand people like that. They're underhand and it's all about making himself look 'like a boss'.
I have worked with the very type you describe and all I can say is, what they did to me they did to the very people they moaned about me to. No one is exempt from their backstabbing behaviour. Your colleagues will learn the hard way and one day, you'll all be avoiding this clown. Try not to sweat it. :-)

Siennasun Fri 05-Dec-14 21:04:10

Yanbu. I'd be upset too but he does sound very unprofessional.

timetoplay Fri 05-Dec-14 21:29:27

Very unprofessional, I'd complain to my line manager. Fair enough to take it up with your line manager but not to gossip to others.

welshlady2014 Sat 06-Dec-14 07:49:48

Thanks for your comments it's helped to know I'm not overreacting!

It's knocked my confidence, I've never been confident about my performance at work I know I'm rubbish at my job but these last few months I've felt more in control and thought I was making some good progress. Obviously not sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now