loader

Talk

Advanced search

to ask, if you are intolerant to lactose/dairy

(19 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Fri 05-Dec-14 19:18:01

What are the symptoms?

LittleBairn Fri 05-Dec-14 19:20:40

Yes I am, badly so. Anything with dairy even small amounts can give me stomach cramps, the shits (within about 30 mins) flautulance (that seems to last for days) and dizziness.

ClangerOnaComeDown Fri 05-Dec-14 19:26:44

Cramps soon after, the shits, sickness, extreme tiredness and becoming a total grumblebutt.

ClangerOnaComeDown Fri 05-Dec-14 19:27:12

That's for lactose btw

PortofinoVino Fri 05-Dec-14 19:28:44

And, my son tells me, that his farts can clear a large room at work!

ClangerOnaComeDown Fri 05-Dec-14 19:32:04

Yes to the epic farts!

And constant butt clenching incase it's a shart.

motto of my life

don't trust a fart...just don't

McPumpkinPie Fri 05-Dec-14 19:36:05

Bloating, wind, cramps and breathlessness for me.

Rivercam Fri 05-Dec-14 19:38:42

My son is milk protei (casein) intolerant, not milk lactose ( ie milk sugar). He gets bunged up - ie. Blocked up nose, glue ear and a little constipated at times.

Milk lactose intolerance causes flatulance, bloating etc. I've. . IbS type symptoms.

My son has goats milk instead and is a lot healthier for it.

SantyClaws Fri 05-Dec-14 19:46:30

My poor sis used to get very sick. She spent one xmas night cuddling the loo thanks to custard sad

LittleBairn Fri 05-Dec-14 19:53:15

Oh yes forgot about the tiredness, before I properly gained control I would constantly be larthargic.

blanklook Fri 05-Dec-14 19:55:53

A family member has a violent, painful eczema reaction to cows milk, (and an awful lot of other things) It's not an immediate reaction, it is there on waking the morning after the allergen was eaten. There are no digestive or breathing reactions though.

londonrach Fri 05-Dec-14 20:03:51

Possible tmi here. I get all that after brown bread (bread in general but brown goes straight through).....i ran across that bridge near Southwark centre in london with pil following me to get to the disabled toilet (why they put ladies upstairs when you cant walk, forget climbing stairs when ibs hits its awful) due this nasty item of so called food. Cramps and everything (leave it to your imagination re the rest).... I was very very very very ill for some time. Barely walk when i came out. I get you re the milk. Avoid....

CrimboHornedSnowflake Fri 05-Dec-14 20:06:03

Wrenching gut pain, the shits for hours and feeling very under the weather (lactose)

OnlyWantsOne Fri 05-Dec-14 20:36:24

Would constant nausea mainly growing worse towards the evenings with tummy cramps and constipation be a sign of it?

youareallbonkers Fri 05-Dec-14 20:37:14

Most adults are lactose intolerant but just don't know it. Adult mammals don't need milk, it's for babies

wheresthelight Fri 05-Dec-14 20:39:44

I am lactose intolerant and like the other ladies, extreme stomach cramping, loose bowels within about 20 minutes, awful wind, lethargic

sunflower49 Fri 05-Dec-14 22:52:22

I'm mildly intolerant, not massively.

Still cramps, sicky feeling, food 'repeating on me' (feeling like i'm going to be sick then It's just wind), pains in lower stomach etc.

I am vegan now so it isn't usually a problem but, I've eaten dairy by mistake.

PeppermintInfusion Fri 05-Dec-14 23:34:30

Itchy mucus membranes (ears, eyes, nose, throat... Bumblush), strange run down type feeling, IBS type symptoms, headaches, sometimes cystic acne if I eat it for several days.
I can sometimes eat quite a bit and be ok, other times one helping sets it off and doesn't always produce the same symptoms. Also depends what I ate- chocolate usually ok unless really rich (different brands also), cheese alright as a one off but things like milk and yogurt usually get an immediate reaction.

FridayJones Fri 05-Dec-14 23:57:57

My dd gets tonsillitis from it if she manages to sneak it instead of soy for a few days.
I can get "puffy" round the face the next day and mild stomach issues.

But the symptoms you describe, I get from the onion family, specially if I eat it a few days in a row, and especially if it's raw. Also something in my fav subway has started to trigger it too, so I need to narrow that down.

Hmm, and just realised my eczema came back when I started eating a lot of yoghurt. I might need to try knocking that on the head for a few weeks, see if it clears up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now