Talk

Advanced search

Is it pointless reporting this if dd cannot identify them?

(12 Posts)
Lostriver Fri 05-Dec-14 18:40:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Would she be able to identify them if she saw a picture? I once got spat at by boys from a nearby secondary. I went to the school and managed to identify one of them from the Yearbook photo. She should still report it as she may not be the only victim so the school may already have an idea this is going on.

sunflower49 Fri 05-Dec-14 18:43:12

I think definitely!

The teachers need to know this has happened, even if they can't identify the culprits, and there's a fair chance that they can, they might know who walks that route, who hangs about together etc.

What has your DD said about it?

AuntieStella Fri 05-Dec-14 18:44:16

To the police, no.

To the school yes.

They may be unable to identify exact perpetrators. But if they know there is problematic behaviour, they can target an assembly or whatever on relevant behaviour.

NewnameSs Fri 05-Dec-14 18:44:22

Yes report to the school
Fuking bullys cannot win

Georgethesecond Fri 05-Dec-14 18:44:49

Yes! I'm astonished older kids would do this - don't they look out for the little ones?

lem73 Fri 05-Dec-14 18:45:19

Yes you should. That is despicable behaviour. That must have been very frightening for her.

LeopardInABobbleHat Fri 05-Dec-14 18:52:55

Yes, report to the school. They have a duty to address behaviour that happens out of school hours, if the pupils are identifiable as attending that school.

I'm sure they will have a damn good idea who is responsible anyway.

Hope your DD is ok.

Jaffakake Fri 05-Dec-14 18:54:08

If she can pick out details like shoe type/colour, make of school bag you should report it. The odds are they'll know who it was.

MrsPiggie Fri 05-Dec-14 18:57:07

Yes, report to the school. Even if she can't describe them, they may have form for this already and easily found.

Lostriver Fri 05-Dec-14 18:57:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ReggieJones Fri 05-Dec-14 18:59:16

Yes report it. Like others said she may be able to identify them by pictures. And really regardless of with whether they can be identified or not the school should know. They may have done it before or will do it again so a picture needs to be built up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now