Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off at the amount of sponsored threads?

(10 Posts)
Scottishcrumpets Fri 05-Dec-14 17:55:25

Just that, really. On the app, having to scroll through reams and reams of sponsored threads and discussions? It takes ages to get to the current ones grin

VixxenPlusAllTheOtherReindeers Fri 05-Dec-14 18:15:46

yanbu
Scrolling down then having to wait for the un sponsored threads to loads. grin

OwlinaTree Fri 05-Dec-14 18:17:39

Well sponsored threads keep mumsnet free to use!

SwedishEdith Fri 05-Dec-14 18:18:52

Christ, yes. Take up about half of the bloody screen on the mobile site!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Dec-14 18:19:00

Is this on the android app?
It's a glitch as far as I know. I think the advise is to log out and log back in again - there's only ever 5 stickies up at a time now...but I do know the android app has an issue.
Or can you use the mobile site on your phone (it's all new!)
Hope this helps!

Zucker Fri 05-Dec-14 18:20:23

No it doesn't. No one, even Mumsnet, could in their right minds hope to charge users to use a forum like this. The sponsored posts generate income so they can pay staff and provide all the extras faff on the site. The sponsored pinned posts are a pain in the bum on the app.

Scottishcrumpets Fri 05-Dec-14 18:48:18

Yes it's the Android app. and there must be about 30 to get through.... PITA grin

southeastastra Fri 05-Dec-14 18:51:07

I asked mn about this but they didn't do anything apart from ask me whether I was using ap

southeastastra Fri 05-Dec-14 18:56:10

oh I just logged out and it seems better

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Fri 05-Dec-14 18:56:31

you can clear your cache (in Settings -> Apps) which will get rid of them. but they come back as soon as you open the app a couple of times. I've just switched to Android but I remember a thread from ages ago about it... so its been a problem long enough to get fixed... cough...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now