Talk

Advanced search

holding meetings while eating and talking with your mouthfull

(10 Posts)
marryj Fri 05-Dec-14 13:02:31

OK so I'll probably get flamed for this.

But every morning we have a 10-15 min meeting and take it in turns to run it. One guy always eats thought the meeting even when he is Charing it and speaks with his mouthful open. I find it absolutely disgusting and was not raised this way.

Aibu to think you just dont eat in a meeting and while your talking? The rest of the day hes sat at his desk and has time to eat this before or after the meeting.

smokinggnu Fri 05-Dec-14 13:07:04

"Perhaps we should all give you ten minutes to catch up on your meal, I can deal with this (insert minor work need) in the meantime" (stern voice too)

Jill2015 Fri 05-Dec-14 13:07:20

Worked with someone who did that. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Even for an hour long meeting, he brought along a scone or croissant and coffee and slobbered about with it.
He was actually quite a nice man, but really lacked self awareness.

BaffledSomeMore Fri 05-Dec-14 13:11:02

We've got a meeting eater too. It's one thing to sit and eat a quick sandwich discreetly and quietly whilst someone else is talking but this person sits around a table chomping on bowls of stuff. Even with external people.

Whatsthewhatsthebody Fri 05-Dec-14 13:11:54

Yeuk. I work with a truly nice woman who does exactly that. She just talks exactly as she would mouth full or not.

It seriously turns my stomach.

Whatsthewhatsthebody Fri 05-Dec-14 13:13:29

It is how you are brought up I think as my kids wouldn't do this. We always said mouth closed while eating.

marryj Fri 05-Dec-14 13:18:45

Thanks glad I'm not the only one that this really bugs!

The guy that does it just has no awareness of how disgusting this is. He'll do little burps in the meeting and feels no shame what to ever.

Fluffyears Sun 07-Dec-14 20:25:46

I worked with some one like that, mind you she never shut up so wasn't going to let a sarnie get in the way of talking shite.

Nothavingfunrightnow Sun 07-Dec-14 20:51:06

I have someone in my office who talks while eating. You can see all the bits of food in her mouth and some of it gathers at the corners of her mouth. It is hideous.

YANBU

FestiveElf Mon 08-Dec-14 19:52:42

Ewww. I dislike working lunches for this reason, that I will end up being like that guy! Can't he wait 15 min to eat or eat before?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now