Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Will I regret this? Bought hot tickets online ticket market

(11 Posts)
MomOfTwoGirls2 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:08:09

Concert not until next Oct, and PreRelease tickets only went on sale today. But I panicked because I couldn't get the PreRelease tickets. All gone in less than 20 mins.

Have I been very stupid? I paid way over the odds.

Please reassure me this usually turns out OK!

Sn00p4d Thu 04-Dec-14 20:18:10

As far as I know it usually turns out a disaster, most of these sites are notorious for scamming are they not?
Good luck I hope that's not the case, but if you've used paypal or similar I'd be cancelling it!

peeveddoesntcoverit Thu 04-Dec-14 20:22:01

What website did you use? Was it a ticket marketplace like StubHub or viagogo? They usually have some guarantees.

SavoyCabbage Thu 04-Dec-14 20:24:00

It will depend on the website. Or the seller if it's eBay or similar. When do the non pre-release tickets come out? Can you return the pre-release ones?

LeapingOverTheWall Thu 04-Dec-14 20:25:28

I've used Get Me In a couple of times and it's been fine.

tabulahrasa Thu 04-Dec-14 20:26:01

If it's the one I'm assuming it is, normal tickets aren't even on sale till Saturday!

Where did you buy them from?

LinghamStyle Thu 04-Dec-14 20:33:37

The pre-sale tickets became available today and you could buy a max of 6 tickets per person per card, I presumed some people would buy them specifically for re-sale so it might be ok.

Obviously I'm making an assumption as to which concert it is.

MomOfTwoGirls2 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:49:02

I used GoEventTickets. There is guarantee. Tickets or money back plus 20% discount on next tickets.
But my children would be beyond disappointed if we don't get tickets.

My stomach is in knots.
I probably could cancel tomorrow. But I may not get tickets on Saturday...

There was a limit of 4 today.

MomOfTwoGirls2 Thu 04-Dec-14 20:56:30

LingHamStyle you probably have the right concert. And that is what I'm banking on.

LinghamStyle Thu 04-Dec-14 21:04:33

I think the limit on tickets was dependent on which venue you were booking for.

If it seems a reputable site then it should all be ok. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

MomOfTwoGirls2 Sat 20-Dec-14 17:22:36

All's well. My tickets arrived in the post yesterday. Yay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now