Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed that frozen stuff..

(10 Posts)
MrsRaegan Thu 04-Dec-14 18:51:25

Costs more than other products, just because it's Frozen? In B&M today getting last bits. Saw styling head that a friends daughter had mentioned. It was Ariel or Cinderella for £10. Perfect. Then I saw Elsa. Even better, she's Frozen daft.

All well and good, but it was £4 more expensive. For the EXACT same toy! This is a bit of an empty rant, because I actually bought it anyway. blush I just think it's a bit cheeky!

WooWooOwl Thu 04-Dec-14 18:53:23

It's partly to do with the licensing, and partly because they can and will get away with and still make a huge profit.

I feel sorry for smaller independent toy retailers who are priced out of being able to sell these things.

MrsRaegan Thu 04-Dec-14 18:58:40

You're right. Even as I was grumbling to myself, I knew I was playing my part. They get away with it, because we keep buying it!

I feel for families who struggle enough to afford Christmas, and to keep up with the latest fads. Especially once they add a few quid on here or there.

Andrewofgg Thu 04-Dec-14 19:02:31

And there was I thinking this was about vegetables. I'm a simple soul at heart. And glad my DS is grown up and I don't have to worry about the Fad of the Year any more.

MrsRaegan Thu 04-Dec-14 19:05:07

The same rules may apply to veg Andrewofgg!

Andrewofgg Thu 04-Dec-14 19:07:03

Indeed MrsRaegan - DW and I indulge our own food fads now!

LokiBear Thu 04-Dec-14 19:07:15

It is so tempting to write (you need to) 'Let it go, let it go!' grin You are right though. Blooming annoying!

MrsRaegan Thu 04-Dec-14 19:11:48

LokiBear grin I walked into that one to be fair!

youareallbonkers Thu 04-Dec-14 20:27:32

They charge more because they can. Just don't pay it.

alpacasosoft Thu 04-Dec-14 20:29:35

Let it goooo , let it goooooo!

Sorry grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now