Talk

Advanced search

To be jealous

(24 Posts)
listsandbudgets Thu 04-Dec-14 18:09:39

I have just picked dd up from a friends house. I've not been there before.

I commented her beautifully clean and tidy the house was and DD's friends mum said "its all down to my cleaner she comes in for 3 hours every morning". I muttered something about it being good to have help when you're working and she said she didn't work it was hard enough looking after her dd without that.

AIBU to be massively just a little bit jealous? envy grin

ChuckNovice Thu 04-Dec-14 18:12:21

3 hours a morning? That's a lot of money. Average £10 an hour x 3 x 5? £150 @ week?think I'd rather have the cash and live in a messy house thanks.

missjenniferhoney Thu 04-Dec-14 18:14:46

YABU to assumed she worked!

Sonnet Thu 04-Dec-14 18:16:30

Don't be, jealousy eats you up!

RJnomore Thu 04-Dec-14 18:16:48

YAbu - just think what a nightmare Thr child must be to look after if the mum can't manage to work OR do housework!

wink

MrsMarcJacobs Thu 04-Dec-14 18:22:22

Why be jealous? I know lots of people who have lots of help. If you can afford I, why wouldn't you?

Charitybelle Thu 04-Dec-14 18:22:49

How big is their house that it needs 3 hours of cleaning a day?! Either they live in a mansion or their cleaner is way too slow!

Discopanda Thu 04-Dec-14 18:23:17

Hmmmm are you jealous that she has a cleaner and stays at home, the condition of her house or that she has the money to pay for a cleaner to come in that often? Being jealous of somebody else doesn't make your life any better.

In the words of Elsa, "Let it go, let it gooooooo!"

RoundRobinSparkles Thu 04-Dec-14 18:32:31

shock the cleaner comes for three hours every day? How big is her house?

Surely no one needs a cleaner for three hours every day unless they live in a huge mansion! Maybe 3 hours once a week and then daily top ups for an hour - it can't get that dirty in a day!

TheJiminyConjecture Thu 04-Dec-14 18:35:03

Wow how big was her house?!

And how skanky must they be that they need 3 hours a day?! wink totally jealous myself obviously

RoundRobinSparkles Thu 04-Dec-14 18:35:46

Round here most people have cleaners but they come for 4 hours, once a week max! If someone cleaned my house in three hours one day they wouldn't need to do another three hours the next day! hmm

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Thu 04-Dec-14 18:39:40

I couldn't be jealous of someone who thought it was a full time job looking after a school age child. I'd be wondering what was missing.

Kelly1814 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:40:46

Maybe the cleaner also does laundry, ironing etc....that could easily take 3 hours a day.

Hatespiders Thu 04-Dec-14 18:41:03

Don't be jealous. You don't know if she's truly happy, or if her life will turn out to be wonderful or awful. There's always going to be someone better off than you financially and domestically.

I personally think a too-clean house is a bit clinical, and children like to be able to relax and make a bit of a mess!

I'm sad that I couldn't have children, so you're lucky to have your little girl.

RoundRobinSparkles Thu 04-Dec-14 18:44:50

That's true, Kelly.

BackforGood Thu 04-Dec-14 18:58:42

I'd be jealous of the lovely tidy, clean condition of the house, but I'd be a bit hmm at someone who thought looking after a school aged dc as a full time occupation, to the extent she did no cleaning or housework!

listsandbudgets Thu 04-Dec-14 18:58:48

Awww Kelly don't say that now I'm actually turning green with envy grin

You're all right of course, who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I'd just like a clean, immaculate 5 bed detached house and someone to do it for me!!

Yes Hatespiders I'm very very lucky - sometimes we forget to count our blessings thank you

chickydoo Thu 04-Dec-14 19:23:07

I know someone with one school age child. She has a cleaner twice a week, but a full time house keeper too. She is a very unhappy person sad

MrsMarcJacobs Fri 05-Dec-14 04:19:25

I know someone who has lots of help. She is very happy. Don't see why a person being unhappy would make anyone feel better about their situation? Why not just be happy for them?

Coyoacan Fri 05-Dec-14 04:35:58

Don't see why a person being unhappy would make anyone feel better about their situation? Why not just be happy for them?

This is true and good reminder, thank you Mrs Marc

ArsenicSoup Fri 05-Dec-14 05:21:20

YABU to assumed she worked!

Why? She has a cleaner 3 hours daily. It's not a mad conclusion to draw.

ROUNDandROUNDINCIRCILESMORETHA Fri 05-Dec-14 09:31:54

Maybe she has RA or something. Alot of these illness look invisable but make u feel like shit everyday so then it is important you save your energy for your family rather than housework

Fallingovercliffs Fri 05-Dec-14 11:24:13

MrsMarcJacobs I don't think anyone wants the other mother to be unhappy. People are just pointing out that no one knows what's going on in other people's lives and it's a waste of energy to be jealous of someone whose circumstances you're not really aware of.
The poster who pointed out that many people would be jealous of the OP for having a child is a good point.

formerbabe Fri 05-Dec-14 11:42:40

3 hours everyday...!! I am also jealous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now