Talk

Advanced search

at MIL's house..

(14 Posts)
Beautifulbabyboy Thu 04-Dec-14 17:42:48

Me and my 2DSs are at MIL's house. Is it wrong to sit on my iPhone and read mumsnet whilst the three of them have a fab time playing crash with all the toy cars...

mortil2 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:49:15

certainly not!

Beautifulbabyboy Thu 04-Dec-14 17:52:18

I hope not. Really must leave and go do Bath bottle bed. But MILS house is warm, we have been well fed and boys can't stop squealing.... :-)

NorwaySpruce Thu 04-Dec-14 17:53:39

Unless you have a very peculiar anatomy, you won't be able to read your iPhone if you sit on it fgrin

Beautifulbabyboy Thu 04-Dec-14 17:59:06

Oh I'm sorry... Are happy threads about MILS not allowed??

DejaVuAllOverAgain Thu 04-Dec-14 18:02:42

I think Norway was talking about the beginning of your second sentence.

YANBU btw

Beautifulbabyboy Thu 04-Dec-14 18:08:50

Oops sorry Norway! I see what I did there... (Hangs head in shame...)

MuddhaOfSuburbia Thu 04-Dec-14 18:11:53

I miss my MIL

<sniffle>

Enjoy yourselves! Bath time can wait

Beautifulbabyboy Thu 04-Dec-14 18:17:19

Ahhhh flowers for you. Mil has just asked if she can buy them cute matching Xmas pjs... smile

SpidersDontWashTheirHands Thu 04-Dec-14 18:27:12

Does she fancy popping over to look after my two when she's finished with yours?

Littlef00t Thu 04-Dec-14 18:46:31

Yay for fab mils! Shame they're not of an age when you can just put them in the car at bedtime and transfer straight to bed.

My mil has put a basket together with wrapped books, CDs etc for every day of advent.

Dd 9mths is having great fun openings them, it gives us sometime new to do before bed and I have been given permission to chuck any I don't want hanging around.

Beautifulbabyboy Thu 04-Dec-14 19:25:23

Awww littlefoot what a lovely thing to do... ��

My friends all want my MIL as well spiders....

JT05 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:31:43

What a lovely DIL you are, letting you MIL have all that fun. Wish mine was like you. fsmile

Beautifulbabyboy Thu 04-Dec-14 19:43:06

Awww JT. If she is new to being a parent maybe she will come round in time...

But I have to say I love being part of a close family. I had the worst panic attack of my life once, before I had kids, when my DH and DM was away, and it was My MIL who stayed up with me till 5am, holding my hand. Friends are amazing, but I could never ask them of what I have asked her.

- Sorry for this AIBU, Just feeling all xmassy and full of love. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now