Talk

Advanced search

planning permission quandry

(14 Posts)
pebblepots Wed 03-Dec-14 17:31:16

Hi all, I have had planning permission granted to put a new drive on my front garden (and enclose the current drive into the back garden, hence why planning permission was needed).

To get this planning permission I had to agree to extend the existing dropped kerb (which will cost £520), however it isn't really required, just the planning department took a view from looking at the plan that there wasn't enough room. There is though, I can easily drive 2 cars up onto the front garden now.

So my quandary is, do I just not do the dropped kerb and if the council notices and complains, do it then?

What do you think?

Andrewofgg Wed 03-Dec-14 17:33:48

Did your NDNs oppose your application?

If they did you can be sure that they will notice if you cheat and tell the council!

Cauliflowersneeze1 Wed 03-Dec-14 17:35:20

I'd drop the curb , doesn't building control have to sign it off ?

stayathomegardener Wed 03-Dec-14 17:36:16

Just leave it as is until someone requests you change it.....never I suspect but just don't spend the kerb money on Christmas.

skaen Wed 03-Dec-14 17:37:02

How did they make it a requirement? Is it a condition? If so, you will have to either do it or vary the permission.

magimedi Wed 03-Dec-14 17:38:17

It will have to be signed off by building control. And even if they don't notice (which I reckon they will) you will have problems if you ever come to sell.

LIZS Wed 03-Dec-14 17:41:07

seems like a false economy. You never know when parking may be so awkward as to limit the angle you need getting on and off the drive. If you have double width no one should park over it unless you give permission.

pebblepots Wed 03-Dec-14 17:41:33

Answers:
The NDNs did not oppose.
No building control does not need to sign it off
It is not a condition, its part of the application.

I'm thinking of doing what stayathomegardener says >cheeky<

pebblepots Wed 03-Dec-14 18:07:41

I've never heard mention of building control, isn't that just for buildings? smile

Cauliflowersneeze1 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:33:47

Just checked with someone who knows , highways come and check it's done

pebblepots Thu 04-Dec-14 06:25:48

Thank you. How do they know when to check? I have 3 years in which to do the work

minibmw2010 Thu 04-Dec-14 07:28:18

I would drop the kerb, if you ever come to sell you'll make more than £500 back on being able to market it with proper off street Parking.

pebblepots Thu 04-Dec-14 10:49:23

OK I've told them to go ahead with the kerb, I'll behave smile thanks all

SparkleZilla Thu 04-Dec-14 11:53:38

also - when you go to sell, you might have problems if you dont and you were supposed to

i'd just do it if you have the money :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now