Talk

Advanced search

to be inappropriately ecstatic that dd has killed her

(31 Posts)
Frusso Wed 03-Dec-14 13:56:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KingJoffreysHasABigWhiteBeard Wed 03-Dec-14 13:58:07

I despise Furbies.

Don't they bite? They look like they bite...

confused

MillionToOneChances Wed 03-Dec-14 13:59:07

I hate Furbies with a fiery passion.

Bulbasaur Wed 03-Dec-14 14:00:06

They should have kept those things back in the 90's where they belonged.

When I was a kid, we put one in the closet at night so it would just sleep. It kept making noises all night and freaked everyone in the room out.

DayLillie Wed 03-Dec-14 14:01:50

It is fun to hang them upside down grin

Frusso Wed 03-Dec-14 14:05:19

EthelCardew Wed 03-Dec-14 14:07:42

LOL!

I was genuinely worried when I read the title!

Catthiefkeith Wed 03-Dec-14 14:20:08

Have you tried the reset button?wink

DrElizabethPlimpton Wed 03-Dec-14 14:21:56

It will turn into a Zombie Furby. [based on no research or knowledge at all!]

GooodMythicalMorning Wed 03-Dec-14 14:29:02

Mine is over ten years old and still going strong. Shows the first type is vastly superior wink

The grandparents get things i dont like here too, usually they get lost or dissppear after a while...

Kitsandkids Wed 03-Dec-14 14:31:55

My foster son's mother bought him a massive toy a couple of days ago. There are 3 weeks until Christmas (for which she has already bought him masses of stuff so this wasn't a Christmas present), and it takes up most of the living room. I know she loves him and feels guilty he's not living with her, and it's lovely that she bought him a present, but i can't help hoping it soon gets broken so i don't have to have it taking up all the floor space!

On another note, I quite like Furbies! :D

WhatchaMaCalllit Wed 03-Dec-14 14:32:37

Listen to this woman, she's a doctor (based on nothing more than reading your MN handle), she must know these things:

DrElizabethPlimpton Wed 03-Dec-14 14:21:56 - It will turn into a Zombie Furby. [based on no research or knowledge at all!]

RoundRobinSparkles Wed 03-Dec-14 14:34:09

DD1 keeps asking for new batteries in hers but I keep "forgetting".

Charitybag Wed 03-Dec-14 14:42:29

I LOATHE DD1's Furby with a passion and threatened to smash it with a hammer a few weeks ago hmm.

Last weekend a met up with an old friend for 'lunch' and many glasses of wine were drunk. Whilst in my pissed happy state I received an email from The Entertainer advertising money off Furbies. Not only did I buy one for DD2, but bought a Furbling (whatever the frig they are) for each of them too. I wouldn't have done it had I been sober.

So, whenever I hear 4 of the little bastards shouting/snoring it will be a lesson to myself in the perils of drink.

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Dec-14 14:45:01

I think I want a furby just to see what they are like

I had one when they were first around.

petitdonkey Wed 03-Dec-14 14:45:02

Ahhh, do you know? I was only saying to a friend today that, although they drive me nuts, my children's furbies have been played with all year since last christmas. For that reason, I can't be cross with them grin

Frusso Wed 03-Dec-14 15:01:02

PinkSquash Wed 03-Dec-14 15:06:37

This is why I like having present buying delegated to me for the DC. I can choose what they get so no Furbies wink

Andrewofgg Wed 03-Dec-14 15:12:19

They are a wonderful thing to buy for other people's children when your own are grown up and you are safe from retaliation. Like trumpets and drum kits and anything messy and smelly.

solidussnake Wed 03-Dec-14 15:30:24

grin oh dear. Mine was haunted, swear to God. I had it in a cupboard and it started singing on its own. Then I took the batteries out.
It started singing at 3am.
then I burned it.
I can still hear the singing to this day...

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Dec-14 17:04:21

can they really die?

what did she do to it grin

Catthiefkeith Wed 03-Dec-14 17:09:03

There is a reset button under the battery cover. It is quite small and easy to miss though.

I found out about it when I emailed the CEO of Argos and complained about winning a broken toy in their Facebook competition. blushblush

Frusso Wed 03-Dec-14 18:08:19

shouldnthavesaid Wed 03-Dec-14 18:21:48

I have one from 1997 who still chirrups away when woken up (not very often now!) as well as two 'babies' .. They can interact a bit sometimes which is quite cool - if I sit big one and baby facing each other they will sing each other to sleep.. All three are having a long hibernation under my bed.

OwlCapone Wed 03-Dec-14 18:24:41

DDs is sitting quietly in front of the TV. once it goes to sleep, it stays asleep until you accidentally pull its tail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now