Talk

Advanced search

crumpet rage

(64 Posts)
SouthernComforts Wed 03-Dec-14 09:21:17

Aibu to think 9 is a stupid number of crumpets to have in a pack? I eat 2 at a time. The normal amount. There's always 1 left. Who the frig wants 1 crumpet?

(Yes some bastard ate the last pair and I've just been confronted by the last measly crumpet in the pack angry)

I'm hangry.

TicTicBOOM Wed 03-Dec-14 09:22:14

Add cheese, and bacon. Give the crumpet a chance!

MarchEliza Wed 03-Dec-14 09:23:45

YANBU

TimelyNameChangey Wed 03-Dec-14 09:24:15

You have to have 3 on the last serving.

SouthernComforts Wed 03-Dec-14 09:28:53

I would begrudgingly eat 3 if I found 3 left. But I was left just 1 sad

SouthernComforts Wed 03-Dec-14 09:31:16

Tic I've tried experimenting with my crumpet toppings before. It always ends in disappointment. Butter all the way for me.

RubbishRobotFromTheDawnOfTime Wed 03-Dec-14 09:41:01

It's an extra one to keep you going while you're toasting the other two.

Hatespiders Wed 03-Dec-14 09:41:39

I like packs of 12. Because I eat three at a time. Dripping with butter. (Yes, I'm fat.) Please give me your last crumpet and I'll eat it for you.

CaulkheadUpNorth Wed 03-Dec-14 09:42:29

Yanbu.

I have crumpet rage that they for fit in the bastardy toaster.

hoppus Wed 03-Dec-14 09:42:32

I eat two and DD eats one. So 9 is a perfect size pack in my house. Buy a 6 pack or two.

Girlwhowearsglasses Wed 03-Dec-14 09:57:04

Arrrr I'm hungry now.

My DF INSISTS on calling them Pikelets hmm

crumblebumblebee Wed 03-Dec-14 10:12:38

Girlwhowearsglasses Pikelets are thin crumpets though, so he might get away with that on a technicality.

OP, I have a similar problem, except there are 6 and I feel 8 would be more appropriate. However, kingsmill make theirs very thick and lovely, so I accept that there are only 6 and buy 2 packets instead. Crumpets with marmite are my fav Sunday breakfast.

MaidOfStars Wed 03-Dec-14 10:17:56

Pikelets and crumpets are different things, albeit made out of the same fabric. Rolls are not slices, are they? grin

BananaLeaf Wed 03-Dec-14 10:21:41

DH eats 3 at a time. Which leaves 6 for me grin or 3, which I suppose I can manage smile

PeterParkerSays Wed 03-Dec-14 10:27:34

It's a lucky extra that you can freeze and have as supper one night curled up on the sofa as an extra treat.

Or keep in the freezer for your next pack to round that up to 10.

Piccarcas Wed 03-Dec-14 10:27:46

I will trade, your crumpet for my warburtons thins.. A pointless waste of time in anyone's day.

Hatespiders Wed 03-Dec-14 10:32:05

My dh doesn't like crumpets. He says they make him constipated, so I get to eat the lot. Ha!

PersonalClown Wed 03-Dec-14 10:32:13

YABU. It's obvious that you should eat them 3 at a time.

(off to see if DS has left me any crumpets)

FrancesNiadova Wed 03-Dec-14 10:39:54

My DS (12) insists on crumpets & butter every morning. He'd finish the last one for you! He was disgusted yesterday, DH had toasted it for him & it was.......floppy tbshock . He was slapping it on the side of his plate in horror, before he re-toasted it!

Tesco do their own crumpets in packets of 6 or 12 - far more practical, imo.

But you are being entirely unreasonable, SouthernComforts, because now I want hot buttered crumpets with marmite, and there are none in the house, and it is all your fault!

YOU because I can't buy crumpets at all where I live and now I want them for lunch... Keep meaning to try to make them, but I'd happily buy a pack of 9 grin

Discopanda Wed 03-Dec-14 11:02:01

I want crumpets now. I have them with lots of butter and marmite :-)

MistyMistletoe Wed 03-Dec-14 11:04:46

'Comforts I will have your last crumpet if you promise to slather it in butter.

Actually 9 works great for us as we have them in 3,s smile

Hatespiders Wed 03-Dec-14 12:19:18

Yes yes to Tesco's own, they're not too sweet. I find Warburton's to be a bit sugary. I freeze them in threes, but heaven knows why, as they're all gone in a few days. Oh I do so love them. And Marmite!! Excellent idea! I must try that soon.
Anyway, it's natural to put on a few pounds (stones) over the winter. (Tee hee)

CakeAndWineAreAFoodGroup Wed 03-Dec-14 12:24:38

My neighbour offered me buttered crumpets when we were putting the world to rights over coffee and then microwaved them.

"I don't like them toasted, do you?" she said, in a way that would make it look odd to say, no they are meant to be toasted, "much nicer soggy" she continued and then proceeded to suck it like a stick of rock...

I said, "no, I'm not hungry, oops is that the time! I've got to crack on" and went home. So glad that we moved house soon after. Never knew the like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now