Talk

Advanced search

To think people should try a product before leaving a review

(7 Posts)
Bilberry Tue 02-Dec-14 15:00:58

...Rather than just pat themselves on the back for choosing it.

I get really annoyed with the reviews like this: 5 stars, bought this for my dgs, got it sent direct so haven't seen it but I am sure he will love it!!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 02-Dec-14 15:02:01

The problem is that often the e-mail asking for the review is sent before you've even received the item, never mind had a chance to use it!

TreadmillTiger Tue 02-Dec-14 17:56:21

Agree wholeheartedly. I always read reviews before buying and at least half of them tell you sweet FA about the product. It matches my shoes, we'll packed, arrived quickly etc are not helpful at all.

TreadmillTiger Tue 02-Dec-14 17:57:22

Well packed even

DomiKatetrix Tue 02-Dec-14 17:59:10

I've seen a lot of 'bought this for Christmas so haven't tried it but looks great!'
So not helpful sad

Purplepixiedust Tue 02-Dec-14 18:01:08

I hate this too. I know you get asked straight away but seriously why bother until you have tried it. Its a complete waste of time and throws out the star rating. Equally annoying are those who leave a bad review about a product based on packaging or something although I guess it gives you an idea anout the seller assuming you are using the same one (which isn't always the case).

TheLittleOneSaidRollOver Tue 02-Dec-14 18:06:44

I hate this on online recipes. "I'm going to cook this tonight. Looks yummy." 5 stars. Not helpful. Not at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now