Talk

Advanced search

aibu to not leave the gate open

(5 Posts)
Blink1982 Tue 02-Dec-14 11:59:33

Nd neighbour wants me to leave our back gate open all day tomorrow while we are both out at work.

He has sone builders who need to put scaffold on my garden so they can do his flat roof conservatory. I dont have a problem with them putting scaffold up. I do have a problem with leaving my gate open.

Shall i just do it? Im bothered about ds' toys getting pinched because we dont live in a great area, he said he'd keep an eye out.... What from his front room?! Cant see that happening

Dp is back about half two but then has to go out for ds again. Im not back til 6

IrishBloodEnglishHeart Tue 02-Dec-14 12:03:11

If it's just for one day I would do it in the spirit of maintaining good neighbourly relations. Are your ds's toys too large to put inside for the day?

I would imagine that with builders around all day and your neighbour keeping an eye out you should be OK. Tell them to pull the gate shut when they aren't coming in and out of it.

PurpleCrazyHorse Tue 02-Dec-14 12:05:19

How well do you know your ND neighbour? Can you lock your gate from the front and give him the gate key?

How many toys are in the garden? Can you pop them in the house or stack them high in a shed. Could the neighbour pop them in his shed/garage for the day?

Blink1982 Tue 02-Dec-14 12:12:09

Ive bought some in, i think I'll keep it open for him. Ive known him 6 yrs and he can be a right mardy sod so i think i best just do it, plus his wifes nice even if he isnt so dont want to make life a pain for her

Blink1982 Tue 02-Dec-14 16:53:12

Well i heard today from my other neighbour that scaffold neighbour refused a parcel for me last week. So much for being neighbourly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now