Talk

Advanced search

DH joking about weeing in 6 year old's water bottle

(22 Posts)
ohmychrist Tue 02-Dec-14 08:45:04

DD, age 6, was taking too long getting ready for school, so DH joking told her he'd fill her water bottle with wee.

AIBU, or this overstepping the mark? I don't find it at all funny. It seems grossly immature and inappropriate to me.

When I challenged it, he said laughed at a "wee joke" in a film. Irrelevant - it was a joke between adults and a 15 cert film

LittleRedRidingHoodie Tue 02-Dec-14 08:47:11

I think YABU. children love jokes about wee. I can't think why this would have raised your hackles so much really.

ohmychrist Tue 02-Dec-14 08:48:29

Btw, he would be disgusted if he'd heard a 6 year old say it to someone.

I'm not prudish, but I am really annoyed at this. He's 39!

ohmychrist Tue 02-Dec-14 08:49:23

I'm glad you did that LittleRed. I hope I am being OTT.

ohmychrist Tue 02-Dec-14 08:49:44

Sorry, I meant "said" that.

eurochick Tue 02-Dec-14 08:51:03

It was just a joke. Now if he had actually done it your reaction would be understandable but as it us I don't understand why this has bothered you so much.

Fabulassie Tue 02-Dec-14 08:51:09

If your daughter laughed, it was OK.

There's a possibility that she'll mimic him and make a similar joke at school, which may ruffle some feathers, though.

kiki0202 Tue 02-Dec-14 08:51:38

I think it's just a joke unless you believe it was a threat and he would follow through and do it.

DoubleValiumLattePlease Tue 02-Dec-14 08:51:42

Yes - think you might want to save your outrage for when something truly - errrr - outrageous happens. This was not it.

ButternutBosc Tue 02-Dec-14 08:51:56

It sounds like ths type of daft humour my 7 year old loves. Yabu, I can't really see the issue with what he said sorry.

Goingintohibernation Tue 02-Dec-14 08:52:20

If he wouldn't want her to say it I don't think he should have said it, but I don't think it is that big a deal. I have certainly said things to DS, that I have immediately thought, "Oops, hope he doesn't repeat that at school."

Whatsthewhatsthebody Tue 02-Dec-14 08:52:32

Sort of daft thing my dh would say and kids would love it.

You have your way with the kids and he has his way.

Unless he actually does do it grin then you need to relax. His jokey relationship with his dd is for him to judge and yours is yours.

ohmychrist Tue 02-Dec-14 08:52:36

Good, I'm glad you're all saying that.

I'm in no doubt it was a joke.

Thanks all.

Gatekeeper Tue 02-Dec-14 08:52:56

oh God!! you would hate my husband...blush

wees and poos and farts feature a lot in our house humour-wise. If dh makes packed lunches, dc always chant "what is in it today dad" and he always says "dog-muck sandwich"

Whatsthewhatsthebody Tue 02-Dec-14 08:58:09

grin

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Tue 02-Dec-14 09:06:12

I'm a bit like you OP. I just hate toilet humour. I don't like it when people joke about bodily functions but my DH is always like that and so is his family.

One Christmas they had some awful toilet toy which made horrible noises and swore! They were setting it off all day and having hysterical laughter over it and I was just SO uncomfortable!

I love good comedy and genuinely funny people but that was just puerile and disgusting.

I;m ranting now. But yanbu. My DH hasn't changed his humour and now I just raise an eyebrow and the kids laugh at his awful jokes AND at me prim face.

operaha Tue 02-Dec-14 09:06:49

actually my ex would say stuff like this and I found it horrible!!! It is not the kind of stuff I would want my (then) 6 year old to say.... I dont know perhaps it was "him" rather than the content but even now when he sees the kids and comes out with something like that it makes me want to stab my ears out with forks cringe a bit

operaha Tue 02-Dec-14 09:07:42

yeah I dont think farting is ever particularly funny either

Brittapieandchips Tue 02-Dec-14 09:14:44

Yabu. I'm always telling the kids it's poo for tea, and being silly calling them bum bum or whatever. They are perfectly capable of knowing what is a joke if you make it obvious and roll about laughing. It's an excellent way to diffuse tension whilst still telling her to hurry up.

Kids love toilet humour. It's an actual developmental stage. Kids are horrid little creatures, it's all part of being a child grin

EverythingsRunningAway Tue 02-Dec-14 09:17:46

Farting is always funny. <paaaaaaaaarp>

The funniest thing about this thread are the disclaimers "unless you think he'd actually do it!" grin

Sorry, the thought of him wee into a bottle to teach his child a lesson about being late is too much for me. grin

burgatroyd Tue 02-Dec-14 09:21:35

It made me laugh!

If he said he'd crimp one out in water bottle then that would be inappropriate. Wee is a kiddy word.

Yabu

marnia68 Tue 02-Dec-14 09:31:32

I think it is horrible! Vulgar and even joking about peeing in your own child's drink is just nasty and wrong

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now