Talk

Advanced search

To think my ex is a dick splat

(6 Posts)
ghostspirit Mon 01-Dec-14 21:51:01

my son has a tablet that i bought him for his birthday. but my ex picked it up for me as there did not have them in stock local to me so he got it. we paid for an extra insurance as its for a child so it protected for if it get dropped or wet etc. the item now wont charge. i took it to the shop with the insurance paper work and they said they cant deal with me as its in exes name but my address. so he met me so we could sort it out. when we were sold the policy we were told if anything went wrong they would replace it. now they are saying they wont. so ex has made a complaint. today they rang him and wanted him to comfirm my address but he could not remember the door number so they refused to talk to him. Anyway her started shouting and calling them a joke. saying how disgusting they are. and swearing at them. they said they would send info in the post. and he said fucking forget it ia aint fucking intrested.

He then phones me and tells me all the above. and then said so they will send something in the post. but will they as he told them to forget it. and then he added i dont know what they wanted for all i know it could have been to agree to replace it... if thats the case thanks for that because of how rude he was he might have messed it up now im really pissed of because its for my son. if he wants to mouth it of and mess things up for his self thats his choice but its not for him sad

FabULouse Mon 01-Dec-14 22:03:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Mon 01-Dec-14 22:04:32

You need to call yourself, apologise on his behalf and then ask them how to get round this issue.

They must honour their agreement regardless of your exes behaviour.

RainbowRabbit33 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:08:33

YANBU at all, but mostly I'm posting because I love your choice of terminology. I have not heard 'dick splat' in about 20 years, and it has brightened my evening.

Hope you get it sorted, no useful advice sorry.

ghostspirit Mon 01-Dec-14 22:26:52

lol rainbow haha... fab i had sort of forgotten why we split. i remember now :/

clawhands. I missed abit out as i was ranting. we had also been in the actual shop before this phone call he got today. but i did not really see what went on as i left ex in shop to sort it as i had to get sons eyes tested. then met ex after and he said it was all a waste of time said you need to ring this number but told me sweet fa about where it was at. so i think i might go back to the shop to find out.

The way he deals with things is shit. i remember when looking for a tablet we wanted good insurance because its for a child. i think talk to them nice smile flutter your eye lashes a bit and you might have a chance. he gos in the shop and is just really rude like i said in my op.

missingmumxox Mon 01-Dec-14 23:24:56

Yes and no I this he did what you asked, he has tried to fix it, but as he doesn't know your number house they turned him down, I don't know any of my families house numbers I know where in the street they are.
Yes he was rude but I would be too, the insurence has been paid they need to sort it out, you both need to got together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now