Talk

Advanced search

To ask about twitchy lips

(23 Posts)
Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 15:03:24

I have had a continuos twitch in my bottom lip for a few days now. Never had it before. My DH and dr can see it so I know I am not imagining things. I had my 3rd DD 12 weeks ago, I am a little stressed and quite tired and been drinking a lot of coffee. My dr has assured me it's most likely just anxiety, however I can't help worrying it is something more serious. I don't have any other symptoms. Please come and tell me your positive stories of bottom lip twitching resolving. I need some perspective. No stories of tumours etc please

Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 15:55:44

Anyone?

Roonerspism Mon 01-Dec-14 16:03:20

I get twitches a lot.

It's usually just fatigue/caffeine. Bin the caffeine and it will probably just go.

I get them all over the place!

MelanieCheeks Mon 01-Dec-14 16:06:45

I've had a twitch in my eyelid for the past 6 months, and went to see the doctor about it last week.

Facial tics and twitches can be caused by lots of things, including:
stress
not enough sleep
lack of calcium

Nothing "more serious" was suggested to me, so I dont think you should worry too much. Take a vitamin D supplement if not already doing so, as that helps with absorption of calcium. Try to get some sleep, and cut down on the caffeine.

ovaryhill Mon 01-Dec-14 16:09:39

I get lots too, best was one side of top lip, I looked like I was doing a permanent Elvis impression!
Had it in my nose and eyebrow at one point also eyelid and chin

Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 16:25:43

Overlay how long did the one in your top lip last?

ovaryhill Mon 01-Dec-14 16:29:25

A couple of weeks on and off I think, just completely random, it is annoying and I think it feels far worse that it looks

Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 16:40:43

Thanks Ovaryhill, what worries me is mine is constant not on and off. Don't think I would worry as much if it was on and off.

Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 16:42:59

Melaniecheeks and roomerspism thanks for your answers too, very helpful.

DrownedReindeer Mon 01-Dec-14 17:11:58

I don't get lip twitches but I get them in my eyelid and upper arm. I have no words of wisdom except that I've had them for years and seem to be devoid of any serious illnesses.

Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:26:31

Drownedreindeer have you ever had a twitch last constantly for a few days?

Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 17:55:46

Melaniecheeks, in the six months were there ever any periods where twitching lasted a long time?

CupidStuntSurvivor Mon 01-Dec-14 17:59:30

Twitchy eye here...fatigue related smile.

CupidStuntSurvivor Mon 01-Dec-14 18:00:14

One week and counting by the way...it happens quite frequently.

Mumblepot26 Mon 01-Dec-14 19:11:19

Cupid that's interesting and reassuring for me. Does anything in particular help?

grannytomine Mon 01-Dec-14 19:14:12

I get twitchy eye from time to time, I take omega3 oil and it clears up within a week, usually 2 or 3 days. If I remember to take it regularly I don't get any twitches. Don't know if it is a coincidence but it always seems to work for me.

LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 01-Dec-14 19:15:31

I get the eye twitch periodically (don't know the trigger) and I find alternating hot/cold compresses works sometimes - although not always. It's flippin irritating though sad

LuisSuarezTeeth Mon 01-Dec-14 19:16:14

I've only ever had it for a few days at a time though.

MillionToOneChances Mon 01-Dec-14 19:18:48

I get near-continuous eye twitch for a few weeks when tired.

nippiesweetie Mon 01-Dec-14 19:53:28

Twitchy eye is common when tired but it can be a symptom of an under active thyroid, too.

peckforton Mon 01-Dec-14 20:26:57

I have had various twitches over the years, gave up coffee and never had any since.

throwinshapes Mon 01-Dec-14 20:34:55

Sounds like it could be magnesium deficiency. Most of us are deficient as it's depleted in soil these days.
Best form is to buy in the spray oil and use topically.
Really good for aches and pains too.

CupidStuntSurvivor Mon 01-Dec-14 21:52:21

Mumble - getting a bit more sleep and not running around so much. Dead easy with an 8 month old wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now