Talk

Advanced search

To think that Tess Daly.....

(114 Posts)
Errrr2012 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:10:20

Should be able to manage to stand in the right place on cue. Every chuffing week she comes dashing onto the Strictly set after a couple has danced as if it's a surprise that she's required to speak on national tv!!!!!! I dread to think what's she's paid to be so dire.

Fallingovercliffs Sun 30-Nov-14 21:17:06

I always assumed that was part of her 'ditzy' act.

CobbOnn Sun 30-Nov-14 21:19:41

She's just awful. And Zoe Ball. No charisma, wit or charm. Odeous women.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 30-Nov-14 21:21:31

It has been quite fascinating to discover this series that it was Bruce propping her up all these years, not the other way round as was so commonly said.

She's shit.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 30-Nov-14 21:22:17

And if she calls Claudia "Claude" one more time I may launch my remote at the tv.

Just use her proper name for the love of God!

Errrr2012 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:22:55

Tess brings out the worst in me, shouting at the tv every week isn't really what the wholesome Strictly team are aiming for is it. Try hard fakery Daley....bugger off and let Claudia do the lot.

Joolsy Sun 30-Nov-14 21:24:30

I like her!

Errrr2012 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:25:12

We could never be friends joolsy...

KingscoteStaff Sun 30-Nov-14 21:25:35

Having pointed it out to my family, I now have 4 children shouting 'YOU'RE LATE!' at her every time.

I pity the poor assistant floor manager who's meant to be cueing her on - she's making them look incompetent...

kylesmybaby Sun 30-Nov-14 21:26:29

I hate the way she takes a big deep breath before speaking like she can't get all her words out. Can't stand her.

CobbOnn Sun 30-Nov-14 21:28:57

Last time I could bear to watch it, I wandered if she was drunk. Might explain it?

Willow33 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:32:30

My friend worked with her at BBC and said she was a lovely person, very kind and genuine. I like her too even though I have never met her!

123Jump Sun 30-Nov-14 21:42:06

I can't understnd all the hatred towards her.
I think she seems nice, don't mind her presenting. Glad to hear she is nice Willow33!
I also think she is stunning.

JellyDiamonds Sun 30-Nov-14 22:51:39

She irritates me by being unable to say Ola Jordan's name correctly, it's o-la not "oh-la". You'd think she'd have gotten it right by now?

Ketchuphidestheburntbits Sun 30-Nov-14 23:01:46

I think she's the perfect match for Claudia's style of presenting.

YABU

Christelle2207 Sun 30-Nov-14 23:03:27

Also she can't say salsa. Always solsa.

UngratefulMoo Sun 30-Nov-14 23:03:50

I like her too and think she does a fab job, all while looking gorgeous and sparkly.

GokTwo Sun 30-Nov-14 23:04:09

For some reason I find her annoying to watch but I do think she comes across as a nice, warm person.

effinandjeffin Sun 30-Nov-14 23:06:48

I don't know what it is about Tess Daly in that she's perfectly inoffensive and yet I cannot stand her. I really just can't take to her but I don't know why.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 30-Nov-14 23:08:11

Cupples

Errrr2012 Sun 30-Nov-14 23:12:44

I don't doubt that she's a nice person but her skills as a tv presenter are pretty crap. How she's landed one of the biggest presenting jobs on telly I'll never know. I guess she can't change her presenting style but please lord stand on your marker on time instead of dashing on!!!! It cannot be that hard surely!

CountBapula Sun 30-Nov-14 23:14:10

She's okay when reading off an autocue, but anytime she has to do something off the cuff (facilitating the judges' comments, chatting to the couples after they've danced, etc) she just comes across so badly - really forced and unnatural. Both Claudia and Zoe are warmer and wittier. Also, what's with the 'my darling' schtick she's developed this series? So cringey hmm

AGnu Sun 30-Nov-14 23:14:28

She irritates me too. I've noticed that when both she & Claudia are making jokes it's always Claudia who gets the bigger laughs - she just has more charisma. I'm sure Tess is perfectly nice, I just find her a little bit patronising.

SwedishEdith Sun 30-Nov-14 23:18:10

I honestly can't see what's so awful about her. I see her slagged off on here all the time but I'm still not clear what she does that's so bad.

sizeup Sun 30-Nov-14 23:19:30

Not sure but doesn't she have to dash on like that because she can't go towards the dancefloor until the dance is completely over in case the camera pans out or whatever and she ends up in shot just waiting, whilst couples are still dancing? I agree though that she could be a bit more subtle about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now