Talk

Advanced search

I can't stand that little girl who appears when my cursor hovers over the Reviews but above...

(27 Posts)
ssd Sun 30-Nov-14 10:13:57

I know its terrible shes only a kid but God I cant stand that child. She reminds me so much of a loud annoying kid that lives nearby me.

I dont ever click on Reviews but the page seems to pop up whenever the cursor is near the word.

So go on, tell me how awful I am I'll still dislike her

StripedOss Sun 30-Nov-14 10:33:01

i dont like any of them, they're stupid!

i want to smack pregnancy womans stupid look off her face

baby needs to smile

child needs a bloody good wash

education needs better glasses that actually fit, and his parents need to stop slicking his hair down, he's a child fgs.

life&style needs a paper bag over her head

food needs putting out in the garden

money is passable...

finance also needs a smack

bargains needs to stop looking like that stupid go compare advert.

1981 Sun 30-Nov-14 10:57:05

i want to smack pregnancy womans stupid look off her face

me too. it constantly pops up on my screen (maybe I just hover there by default? with the mouse) so maybe it's the number of times i've seen that stupid picture that's prompting that reaction

Moln Sun 30-Nov-14 11:02:48

I can't believe you missed out Work StripedOss!! Though I suppose it speaks for itself

ssd Sun 30-Nov-14 11:33:10

thanks god, I thought I'd be getting hung drawn and quartered by now

the rest look ok to me but that kid gives me the rage

WorraLiberty Sun 30-Nov-14 11:48:38

I think 'Work' woman is the worst. Who goes to work looking like that??

Mintyy Sun 30-Nov-14 11:49:37

Hate them all. Especially ESPECIALLY that stupid picture of the woman in rollers shaving.

KatieKaye Sun 30-Nov-14 11:55:05

StripedOss - thank you for the laugh!

those photos are pretty naff and most of them annoy me. Work looks especially glaikit and like she needs to go to the opticians.

Pretty bad that the age range of those in the photos appears to be about 6 months to 25 years . Is that actually representative of MN?

PuzzleRocks Sun 30-Nov-14 11:56:47

Hallelujah. It's not just me then. They are are pretty crap but she is the most irritating.

PuzzleRocks Sun 30-Nov-14 11:58:30

Actually, looking back over them, I do quite like the baby.

SagaNorensSnowflakeTrousers Sun 30-Nov-14 12:03:36

I also hate them all! The pregnant lady, with plaited hair, odfod.

AliceLidl Sun 30-Nov-14 12:05:00

I quite like spaghetti dog and christmas bauble but the rest of them annoy me.

mummytime Sun 30-Nov-14 12:11:29

Never noticed them before. I do like the baby though.

Tobyjugg Sun 30-Nov-14 12:14:22

Pregnant looks to me like she's about to throw up.

WorraLiberty Sun 30-Nov-14 12:17:59

Actually the 'nerdy' looking boy under Education winds me up.

That 'eccentric geeky' stereotype, is exactly what schools are trying to get away from.

They want kids to realise they can be 'cool' and clever and that being academic is not some sort of strange thing that's out of the norm.

I don't know a single child who would aspire to look like that boy hmm

What's wrong with using models dressed in everyday clothing?

ssd Sun 30-Nov-14 14:20:16

love the baby, it looks like I feel most of the time

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 30-Nov-14 14:22:50

I don't like them either... never said as I assumed they might be actual MNers or their children rather than just 'stock photos'. The baby is sort of cute though, it's asleep and not scrunching its face up in rage... grin

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 30-Nov-14 14:24:42

Said this on another thread but that button on screen for 'have you sent your Secret Santa gift?', looks like Miss Piggy in a motorcycle helmet to me. <off to browse Specsavers homepage with more than an idle interest> blush

trufflesnout Sun 30-Nov-14 20:40:27

All shit except the dog. Baby is as stupid as the rest of them <gavel>

JoffreyBaratheon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:16:20

Stock pictures I'd assumed but there was one on the right of the page the other day that I don't think was stock - and the toddler in it had hideous weird eyebrows. Reminded me of my vile neighbours' ever screaming toddler (we call her 'Frogmella') who looks remarkably similar but would never be asked to model owt in a month of Sundays due to her ugliness and behavioural issues.

When I was a kid this little blonde haired blue eyed brattish little girl moved in a few doors down (too posh to go to our village school so none of us really knew her except me because she lived so close and we were the same age). And she was a total nightmare. She was a catalogue model - and didn't she like to brag about it. I loathed her with a passion. Have always ever since assumed child actors/models are like her. Totally unfair of me. But.... tough.

Icimoi Mon 01-Dec-14 00:23:55

I just hate the way they all pop up and obstruct what I actually want to read. Can't you just get rid of that feature altogether, MN?

Housemum Mon 08-Dec-14 18:36:11

2 of my kids model and (IMO) are no more brattish than others, but we treat it as a hobby not a brag-fest. Then again, I have met kids at castings head to toes in designers stuff with their parents dressed identically, mum desperately bragging to next door kids about the jobs their child has had. But interestingly you don't get too many of them at the actual jobs, I guess that unless the kid is stunning they'd rather work with the non-pushy mums who just bring the kids in clean and ready to get on with it.

SuperGlue Mon 08-Dec-14 18:59:14

Oh thank god someone else posted this! I cannot stand the baby one, his face really bugs me and I seem to have my cursor there at lot as he is always in my way. They could have picked a cute baby at least

Bulbasaur Mon 08-Dec-14 19:05:02

Me and DH were laughing a bit at the education kid when I first joined. It's just such a blatant racial stereotype we were a bit shocked it was even offered as a stock image, let alone used here.

I suppose we should just be happy the black kid is covered in paint and not playing basketball. grin

cardoon Mon 08-Dec-14 19:08:54

The whole thing gives me the rage - hate the way they impede my progress angry.....Please put a stop to it MN

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now