Talk

Advanced search

To ask how a pandora charm is packaged

(21 Posts)
Doritocheetofritito Fri 28-Nov-14 20:53:16

Ok, posting here for traffic (sorry!)

Just wondering how, when you buy a charm from pandora either online or from a store, how it's packaged. Does it come in a box? A pouch? Presumably they all come in a bag as well?

Tia

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Fri 28-Nov-14 20:55:05

Why? Are you selling fakes? grin

Doritocheetofritito Fri 28-Nov-14 21:00:02

Haha no.... It was my birthday on Monday and I received a charm in a pandora bag with a pandora pouch but no box. I assumed they would all come in a box?

Something very silly, I know but I can't find any answers on google. Yes, I'm sad.

Chottie Fri 28-Nov-14 21:03:21

Every time I've bought a charm is has been in a box with ribbon and then bag with a ribbon.

SmileAndNod Fri 28-Nov-14 21:03:30

I bought one in a Pandora shop recently for my SIL and it came in a black velvet pouch. Previously when I've bought them they came in a little box, so maybe it's a recent change?

waithorse Fri 28-Nov-14 21:04:31

Pouch, then gift bag

Lucy90 Fri 28-Nov-14 21:07:52

I bought one for MIL last week, navy blue velvet pouch, navy blue gift bag fastened with navy blue ribbons

ClaimedByMe Fri 28-Nov-14 21:08:59

Ive bought them from John Greed and they come with a little pouch and a gift bag

ClaimedByMe Fri 28-Nov-14 21:09:19

Purplevicki Fri 28-Nov-14 21:11:28

In a pouch unless it cost £30+ and then it goes into a box.

Apparently that is 'company policy'

Twinklestar2 Fri 28-Nov-14 21:11:29

I've had them in either a pouch or a gift box depending on where I've brought them from.

SmileAndNod Fri 28-Nov-14 21:14:21

Yep, just checked its a navy pouch (and it was under 30 quid). Must make that eye test appointmentblush

waithorse Fri 28-Nov-14 21:14:53

I bought one on Wednesday for £35 from an actual Pandora shop, it was in a pouch. Does it matter ? Do you think you have been given a fake op ?

Doritocheetofritito Fri 28-Nov-14 21:16:19

Brilliant! Thank you all for your replies.

Doritocheetofritito Fri 28-Nov-14 21:17:24

Waithorse - yes, i did blush feel bloody awful now!

ShinyShinySpoons Fri 28-Nov-14 21:26:41

I bought a Pandora gift voucher recently and it was a bit like that scene in Love Actually where Rowan Atkinson is playing the shop assistant with Alan Rickman as the adulterous husband buying a sneaky gift for his mistress whilst his wife is elsewhere in the store. I had called in before work so was in a hurry but they had no concept of time.

The gift voucher was eventually swiped & activated after they had attempted to take my full life history & I told them to bog off. It was then placed reverentially in a little folder which closest matched the event that gift represented before being placed in a pretty envelope. And then the gift bag came out. It was ceremonially unfolded, with the gift card being placed delicately within, followed by about half a dozen brochures and leaflets all of which they attempted to explain. Then a length of ribbon was cut and tied through the handles into a bow slowly and reverentially.

A transaction that should have taken two minutes was extended to take 15. Never again!

Enjoy the charm OP, the gift givers have suffered for your pleasure grin

waithorse Fri 28-Nov-14 21:28:29

At least you know now Op. grin

ibis12345 Tue 22-Dec-15 12:06:25

Pandora! When people are buying jewellery, they need to understand the true value if they are at all interested in its re sale value. Pandora is very clever because they sell you items with the mind set to keep for always, which is just as well as the true value according to its silver or gold content is tiny.
For example, a pandora bracelet with the value of £100 has a silver value of about £8.00 yes eight pounds, and the rest of it sadly is cheap imported components from abroad. If a person is happy to relinquish their money for the look only which I am sure is a personal opinion, then go ahead, but remember that as the price goes up from £100 to £1000 lets say, the gold or silver content value increases fractionally. You are paying for a name which is ok if you like the item and except that even the higher price Pandora has little re sale value away from its branded environment. A jeweller will give you the lowest amount of money for Pandora if at all.
All new jewellery is highly profitable for the retailer. Advertising creates a false reality such as this Pandora bead or charm which has a true value of a few pounds, is very important to you because it represents your child's birth date or a wedding anniversary date and if your happy to buy into that, then fine.

FairyFluffbum Tue 22-Dec-15 12:21:05

Woah zombie threat

allibow Mon 26-Jun-17 14:54:38

I've had the same issue recently, and when I looked further into it, the online retailers to keep P&P costs down sent the charm using envelopes, rather than a small packet cost if they sent you the Pandora charm box itself. hmm

So I looked around and you can either look on eBay and bid for one or I came across this site that sells the boxes, www.originalpackaging.co.uk/ and I got mine fairly quickly and fortunately in time for me to wrap and give the charm as a present smile

Auspiciouspanda Mon 26-Jun-17 14:59:22

This thread is two years old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now