Talk

Advanced search

to not know what to do with myself?

(7 Posts)
Rockingrobin69 Fri 28-Nov-14 19:27:11

I am a lone parent, late 20s, have every other weekend free.......find the weekends with DS lonely sometimes without a Dp sometimes and then my weekends free have no energy to go out with friends (just want to cuddle up with a dp) and then wish ds was here....

feel guilty as most lone parents dont get this kind of free time, but just wish ds was here for x factor and strictly on saturdays and feel like im not making the most of it....

sad Actually dread my weekends alone sometimes even though during the week I would love a night off to meet friends for post work drinks

I work a very emotionally draining job that is often a few hours 7 days a week

How can I address myself to enjoy my free time properly without wanting the whole weekend to be over and spending fri night in tears?

123rd Fri 28-Nov-14 19:53:30

I know this is going to sound obvious but why not get yourself a hobby? Anything in particular you enjoy,want to learn more about?
Sports? Book club?

TheNewClassic Fri 28-Nov-14 19:58:18

Do you have any friends you could meet up with on the weekends, invite around for a takeaway and bottle of wine, go cinema, spa day or even just a free activity like country walk?

It can get boring especially when you feel like you should be doing something because you're free!

redexpat Fri 28-Nov-14 20:20:16

I think you need an activity. Is there anything youve always wanted to learn? Painting? Climbing? How about open university?

Rockingrobin69 Sat 29-Nov-14 01:41:55

i got to the gym and exercise classes and have a personal triainer i think its more of a mindset i am struggling with

Christina22xx Sat 29-Nov-14 01:45:38

You say you dont have energy but then cry when you dont go out?
Whats your real issue here?

KnackeredMuchly Sat 29-Nov-14 01:48:20

I think time will help you get used to the sadness when they leave

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now