Talk

Advanced search

To love Jo Brand on Question Time tonight?

(35 Posts)
AWholeLottaNosy Thu 27-Nov-14 23:37:10

I just want to say I love her? She was reasonable, considered, insightful and compassionate.( and feminist ) Just such a breath of fresh air compared to all the insincere politicians spouting bollocks ( and the Daily Mail Journo ). I wish our country could be governed by sensible people like her. So sick of politicians that just talk bollocks. Why does it have to be this way..?

AnyFucker Thu 27-Nov-14 23:38:58

Yes, I saw that and I generally love her too.

LuannDelaney Thu 27-Nov-14 23:40:17

Hear hear.

LuannDelaney Thu 27-Nov-14 23:41:06

Or here here. White van man.

PuffinsAreFictitious Thu 27-Nov-14 23:42:51

The DM journo who has pretty consistently slagged Jo Brand off for her appearance. However, we all know that DM journos speak with forked tongues, so...

Jo Brand is pretty amazing all round.

LuannDelaney Thu 27-Nov-14 23:55:36

As a woman I find Amanda Platell a bit odd.

Behoove Thu 27-Nov-14 23:57:26

It's the plastic face....

stareatthetvscreen Thu 27-Nov-14 23:57:33

yep she's great

kevincan70 Fri 28-Nov-14 00:01:53

Have you seen her on QI? super intelligent

LuannDelaney Fri 28-Nov-14 00:03:38

It's not just her face, I wouldn't criticise her face if she spoke normal common sense, but she was a bit offensive. I disliked her opening 'I was an immigrant and I never claimed benefits or used the NHS' but she so would have done if she'd needed them, or gone back to Tony Abbott on principle.

AWholeLottaNosy Fri 28-Nov-14 00:11:47

It's weird I'm not the sort of person to have strong feelings towards celebs but there's something about her that makes me feel so safe as I just know she's not going to talk bollocks, she's like a real human
Being and there seems to
Be so few of them on TV ( sad indictment I know..)

scurryfunge Fri 28-Nov-14 00:24:20

Caught the tale end of this on the way home from work. Have always loved Jo Brand. No nonsense, devoid of bollockyness.

LuannDelaney Fri 28-Nov-14 00:28:43

I agree but Jo Brand doesn't have an agenda, she just says what she thinks. I like her. I'm not the only one! My mum went to see Mark LeMarr and she was on stage before him. She was heckled and Mark LeMarr came out and ripped the ones that had heckled her to shit. Because he has time for her. For me the more I see the more I like.

Behoove Fri 28-Nov-14 00:44:00

She seems like a grounded 'normal' person.

I also enjoyed watching Michael Portillo owning Alex Salmond on the next political show.? He wants to play with the big boys now and he won't get his own way so much as he did in ScotGov.

Thebodynowchillingsothere Fri 28-Nov-14 00:56:50

I have loved Jo from the 80s.

Loved her with the strange Trinny and Suzannah, she so held her own.

She was a nurse too.

However she isn't a politician. Far too funny and sensible.

Andrewofgg Fri 28-Nov-14 01:17:57

Jo was even better on Clue last Monday!

LuannDelaney Fri 28-Nov-14 01:18:14

No I think she started off as a mental health nurse. Probably a good grounding to deal with Gove and Platell.

AnyFucker Fri 28-Nov-14 06:45:31

Her autobiography is lots of fun

Bowlersarm Fri 28-Nov-14 06:55:04

Didn't see it, but I'm a fan. She's great.

eyebags63 Fri 28-Nov-14 06:56:52

YABU, she isn't interesting and she definitely isn't funny, I have no idea why she is so popular. Although up against a panel of politicians anybody can look good I guess.

Seriouslyffs Fri 28-Nov-14 07:08:42

She's lovely! There's a story about her consoling a sobbing Mumsnetter in the park. I spoke to her in a polling booth queue once, something about doing our duty when what I really wanted to say was 'I love you! Can we be friends?'

LePetitMarseillais Fri 28-Nov-14 07:14:06

I thought she was very good.

I rem her from the 80s when she used to say the f word and cake a lot.grin

She's v good on hignfy too.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Fri 28-Nov-14 07:22:23

When I was younger I couldn't stand her, I was only a teenager but it seemed her stand up routine consisted of her pointing out that she was fat and that she hated men.

Maybe she's mellowed or I've 'got' her after all these years but I think she's amazing now.

CuttedUpPear Fri 28-Nov-14 07:49:46

Feeling the love for Jo Brand!
Are there any links to the Newsnight programme?

hackmum Fri 28-Nov-14 08:00:19

Another fan here. She always comes across as warm and intelligent. Loved her on Getting on - that comedy set in a hospital.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now