Talk

Advanced search

Aldi advert in Daily Mirror

(8 Posts)
stairwaytodevon Thu 27-Nov-14 21:34:02

Bought the Mirror today for the 10.00 off voucher(as I am a complete cheapskate) was a bit put out that in the present buying bit an acoustic guitar was put in the section for boys, there is a full size model for the older boy.Why is it that girls cant want a guitar?
Your little princess however can have a pretty pink playtent.
Is it just me? I will still use the vouchers though

youareallbonkers Thu 27-Nov-14 21:35:42

Not again

MisForMumNotMaid Thu 27-Nov-14 21:39:10

I brought three copies, it lasts a week so this weeks shop, next weeks and a store cupboard shop.

DD loves her guitar, she's indifferent that its a boy in this guitar picture/ advert. DS1 always preferred pink as a toddler, bright and colourful rather than dark and dim like boy advertised stuff tends to be.

Some days these things are more irritating than others.

stairwaytodevon Thu 27-Nov-14 21:43:18

I know its got to be one sex or the other with each thing its just the big heading BOYS then the guitar then the text saying for older boys not older kids. however on the same page there is a girl boxing so its not all bad

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Thu 27-Nov-14 21:44:01

The best way to not be offended by stuff is to not buy tabloids that you already know will contain offensive crap. It's like walking into a cow shed and complaining about all the cows.

somewheresomehow Sat 29-Nov-14 19:13:24

does it really matter where it is , if your that bothered make a protest and dont go to the store

AnnaBegins Sat 29-Nov-14 19:19:32

In the leaflet there's also a non pink play tent! But I agree, the 'boys' and 'girls' headings on Aldi clothing annoy me usually!

Inboxer Sat 29-Nov-14 23:43:25

Why is it just for children? Why can't I have a toy guitar?! Ageist stereotyping if you ask me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now