Talk

Advanced search

Aibu? Who me?

(5 Posts)
Thebodynowchillingsothere Thu 27-Nov-14 17:56:17

Aibu to wonder why people post on aibu and then get mightily huffy and puffy when told by some that they are.

Why post for responses if all you want is validation and agreement and you have no intention of listening or taking on board any other views?

Also why post and then get pissed off when people judge on your posts and not on some back story that you never mention, no one has the gift of second site.

holeinmyheart Thu 27-Nov-14 18:33:07

Well, people are different that's why. We often can't see the wood for the trees.
I have just come back from having tea with a 90 year old lady. She told me how vile her MIL was to her and then proceeded to tell me how vile her DIL is. I know for a fact it is actually her who is vile to her DIL.
Nowt as queer as folk. I am surprised that you are surprised. Nothing surprises me on MN. ( sorry if that comes over as smug because it wasn't meant that way.
I hate the bad language ( someone called a MIL a c.n.t this week) but I am not surprised. There are some extremely damaged? Odd people posting on MN unlike me who of course is absolutely perfect. Mmmm I wish.

Jolleigh Thu 27-Nov-14 18:39:28

I think a lot of people come to AIBU for a rant and validation, convinced they're in the right. Hence it's a shock when they're told they're not. I actually quite like it when people do this because it's better than them continuing under the notion that the world agrees with them smile.

I do love a good AIBU that divides opinions though.

Thebodynowchillingsothere Thu 27-Nov-14 19:30:54

Oh don't me wrong I love it too and a rant is absolutely fine but the whining and whinging ones are a pita.

Agree not really a suprise but a tad irritated. wink

Bowlersarm Thu 27-Nov-14 19:33:22

That makes a juicy AIBU though. Everyone saying YABU and the OP coming back all defensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now