Talk

Advanced search

To think this is an odd text to send?

(11 Posts)
RoseCavallari Thu 27-Nov-14 14:37:06

So in my job I'm in different locations a lot. I spent around a month at one place and sat next to a guy who was nice and we would chat a lot. We exchanged numbers for work too.

Ive left there 5 weeks now and he text me to say hows things, so a couple of I'm good, hows the work project going. He just suddenly text -

Are you happy?

I mean its nice to be asked, but I think its quite an odd question to ask someone you don't know.

MrsMcRuff Thu 27-Nov-14 14:44:00

Were some of your conversations at work about 'Life, the Universe and Everything'? Maybe he felt you were both on the same wavelength, such that he was comfortable saying random things to you.

Anyway, are you happy? smile

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Thu 27-Nov-14 14:46:03

Is he a bit of a hippie? My DH would say something like that. {eye roll} he means no harm.

smokinggnu Thu 27-Nov-14 14:46:37

It sounds caring (but not very nosey) trying to become more friendly than workey? Maybe he's thinking of leaving the company himself?

SpringBreaker Thu 27-Nov-14 14:48:33

maybe you seemed quite miserable for the five weeks you were with him grin

smokinggnu Thu 27-Nov-14 14:49:23

It is the sort of thing a dear sweet (male) friend of mine asks regularly. I love him (in a 'he's my friend and deserves great things' way) and his caring messages.
And no, before it's suggested, he's not interested in anything other than things as they are (nor am I).

LoopyLoopyLoopy Thu 27-Nov-14 14:49:29

He wants to shag you

hellsbellsmelons Thu 27-Nov-14 14:51:30

I'm with Loopy
Are you happy = because if your'e not I'm willing to step and help with that!

RoseCavallari Thu 27-Nov-14 14:52:57

Haha maybe I am just a misery guts.

If he's after sex thats a strange way to go about it. Was he hoping I'd say no and he could be like ... Well I have a way of cheering you up wink

I could see a friends asking that question, but not someone I've known 4 weeks.

Shockers Thu 27-Nov-14 14:56:09

Is he tall with a Scottish accent and a slight look of the hangdog about him?

If so, he definitely wants to shag you.

Sheitgeist Thu 27-Nov-14 14:57:15

Difficult to gauge exactly what someone is driving at in a text, sometimes, but it could just be his own little idiomatic way of casually saying: "How are you today?" without it meaning very much.

Otherwise, yes, he wants to shag you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now