Talk

Advanced search

awbu...with helping exp

(5 Posts)
toni74 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:23:33

Dh has 18 yo with ex-partner, who lives with her dh and mum (in mums house).

Dh has a particular set of skills that are useful around a house and historically he has always helped out his ex with these things in her house, some are jobs that could be done by anyone and on other occasions they should be completed by someone like husband.

Lately though, requests to fix/repair things at exs’ house come through his dsc (which he has gone over and done), however latest one is helping out with xmas, which anyone could do, including her dh or his dc (18), would it be unreasonable to say no! Jog On wink...I get the impression my dh is exp goto fix-it guy!

Fudgeface123 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:25:35

I'm surprised you haven't told her to jog on before now....why can't her husband do it?

MistAndAWeepingRain Thu 27-Nov-14 14:27:16

Well if your DH doesn't want to do it, it's really up to him to say no isn't it?

toni74 Thu 27-Nov-14 14:33:14

Apparently its a family joke that her dh is *rap at all things DIY.

Dh is going to leave them with tools that they need (but again this is him running around after them) and let them get on with it...we talked about and thought your taking the mickey now...

addictedtobass Thu 27-Nov-14 15:01:32

I'd buy them a tool box for xmas and send them youtube links of good DIY. Honestly, if it's pissing off your DH he needs to tell them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now