Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To have just let my 2.5yo eat an entire 6-pack of Little Yeo yoghurts because I was glued to MN....

(16 Posts)
Jessbags001 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:02:31

Just that really. Does it make me a terrible mother? Needless to say he was delighted. And he learnt to take the lids off by himself which could be considered 'acquiring a new skill' desperately clutching at straws

How guilty should I feel? Probably very, given that I'm still on here posting about it.

MrsMaker83 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:17:42

Hahaha at least it wasn't a huge bag if sweets or chocolate. I wouldn't worry as a one off... Somethings (mn) are important!!!grin

SuperFlyHigh Thu 27-Nov-14 13:19:23

they're his calcium intake for the week aren't they?

it's not crack FGS.... or a whole bag of Haribo.

InfinitySeven Thu 27-Nov-14 13:19:39

Just think of the calcium smile

LadyLuck10 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:21:32

Yanbu but I'm amazed he can eat 6 in one go.

ACardiganForCat Thu 27-Nov-14 13:28:49

My son wouldn't be able to open them. Yours is v, advanced! A small bag of haribo probably contains the same amount of sugar.

Jessbags001 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:32:01

Calcium, YES! Good thinking grin. Now if only it was sunny, I could stick him out in the garden to get some vitamin D to go with it —while I continue to browse MN--

I was amazed too ladyluck, but we are out of milk - perhaps that would explain it. He would normally happily forego food for milk but I guess yoghurt is a good stand-in.

drbonnieblossman Thu 27-Nov-14 13:32:19

My son wouldn't be able to open them. Yours is v, advanced! A small bag of haribo probably contains the same amount of sugar.

But none of the calcium. So it was a good decision OP

Jessbags001 Thu 27-Nov-14 13:33:22

Oh, that strikethrough worked well!

Is it just me or are those lids even harder to get off then any other yoghurt? ! It's like you have to work for it!

Boosterseat Thu 27-Nov-14 15:55:08

"it's not crack FGS"

I'm using that to justify every poorly thought out dietary choice from now on. Good work SuperFlyHigh

SuperFlyHigh Thu 27-Nov-14 15:59:45

Boosterseat - it was an in joke between me and some friends that Pringles were so addictive they were like crack. grin not that I've tried crack!

Jessbags001 Thu 27-Nov-14 17:01:42

Love "it's not crack" too! In fact, that can be my response to DH when he inevitably comments on the 6 little pots sitting next to the sink grin

SuperFlyHigh Thu 27-Nov-14 17:24:58

OP - also think of it this way... your DS being diverted by opening the pots and eating them diverted a possible tantrum (does he have them at this age?) so it's a win win there too!

Jessbags001 Thu 27-Nov-14 17:26:57

Yes! The tantrums are seemingly endless, and that WAS the most peaceful 30mins of the day. Off I run to the shops for more yoghurts for tomorrow....

SuperFlyHigh Fri 28-Nov-14 11:22:27

OP - my neighbour has a 3 year old - when I saw her last year about teatime and before bedtime she'd refer to this time as the "witching hour"...

I don't have kids but I do know (child-minded before) that toddler time is so stressful...

and if yoghurts work - win win! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now