Talk

Advanced search

To think people would use common sense when the traffic lights are CLEARLY not working

(6 Posts)
pinoli Thu 27-Nov-14 09:59:51

RED for five minutes, orangegreen, RED for 5 minutes, orangegreen. This is on a dual carriageway with the lights letting people in from a tiny side road (roughly one car every ten minutes!)

Traffic backed up for miles and (no exaggeration) one car getting through on the tiny 2 second orangegreen light.

I sat in the traffic for 35 minutes until the police came and started waving people through. Honestly about 3 cars went through the red on their own after realising the lights were clearly broken. But everyone else just sat there waiting for the 2 second green.

Callani Thu 27-Nov-14 10:05:51

That sounds really frustrating OP - you must have had high blood pressure by the time you got to work!

Seriouslyffs Thu 27-Nov-14 10:06:45

I wouldn't have gone. Sorry. But unless the lights are off, I'll obey them.

pinoli Thu 27-Nov-14 10:15:04

Seriouslyffs, even if they are clearly stuck on red and the merging lane is stuck on green? And you can see a good 100 meters down the merging lane to see if it was clear?

Its bloody madness!

ChessieFL Thu 27-Nov-14 10:16:41

It is an offence to drive through a red light so I wouldn't have wanted to risk the fine!

Seriouslyffs Thu 27-Nov-14 10:36:02

If I could see very clearly for a long way, probably yes.
Wouldn't be happy though and as Chessie said id worry about being caught and fined. For the same reason I wouldn't have called the non emergency number and reported it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: