Talk

Advanced search

Does it make you a goady fucker..

(45 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

usualsuspect333 Wed 26-Nov-14 19:47:45

Or a troll,if you don't agree with the majority on an AIBU thread?

moggiek Wed 26-Nov-14 19:50:07

My goodness, not at all! Everyone has an equally legitimate right to voice their own opinion.

usualsuspect333 Wed 26-Nov-14 19:51:04

I've just read a TAAT and everyone who didn't agree with the OP was referred to as a goady fucker or even a troll.

Aibu to think that's bollocks?

SophiaPetrillo Wed 26-Nov-14 19:51:26

Some AIBUs are really weird, you can get goady fuckers who DO agree with the majority but seem hell bent on provoking anyone who doesn't. AIBUs can change in tidal waves as well, the first 4 or 5 responses being YANBU and the next 4 or 5 YABU and so on.

A goady fucker is a goady fucker, in agreement or otherwise.

AryaOfHouseSnark Wed 26-Nov-14 19:51:48

Nope, Aibu is as far removed from rl as possible.
I have been shock at a lot of the responses on there, so no it doesn't make you a gf or troll to disagree with the Aibu masses.

WooWooOwl Wed 26-Nov-14 19:52:24

No, it doesn't.

usualsuspect333 Wed 26-Nov-14 19:53:26

Thank you.

TheWitTank Wed 26-Nov-14 19:53:26

Of course not. Some OP get very narked if the general consensus is YABU, and either strop off or go to the default troll/fucker defence.

SophiaPetrillo Wed 26-Nov-14 19:54:19

I had a thread on here years ago in a different incarnation and was targeted by some nutjob who twisted every single word I wrote. It was laughable the tortuous, mangled syntax she was applying to try and "prove" her point. I ended up asking for the thread to be deleted, she completely derailed and hijacked it for her own amusement. That was one gf!

HadleyHemingway Wed 26-Nov-14 19:54:42

Nope, Aibu is as far removed from rl as possible.

Hahahaha! I've never seen it summed up so succinctly.

StickEm Wed 26-Nov-14 19:55:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

raltheraffe Wed 26-Nov-14 19:58:16

what is a taat?

What annoys me is when people take my words and twist them into something else.

I commented on another thread that I would not employ a certain celebrity who happens to be a single mum because her attitude stinks. I made this very clear explaining she would piss me off and piss my customers off.

All of a sudden I am getting attacked on the thread as I allegedly think single mums are unemployable (despite the fact I employ 2).

I am not sure if people do this because they are cerebral short-arses or just desperate to win the argument.

SophiaPetrillo Wed 26-Nov-14 19:59:55

taat means "thread about a thread"

usualsuspect333 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:00:20

A thread about a thread.

Which this is too. But never mind that grin

Bulbasaur Wed 26-Nov-14 20:02:15

It's not what you say, but how you say it.

There's plenty of stupid posters on here that both get outraged for the sake of it, and antagonize for the sake of it. Combine them and you get a really interesting combination of stupidity, hysteria, and amusement.

We all come here for the histrionics. It's what AIBU is.

The point I'm getting at is, don't feel like you have to drink the AIBU kool-aide. Voice your opinion, don't take MN seriously, and kill some time chatting in the threads.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 26-Nov-14 20:04:10

I've gone against the grain on a couple of AIBU's.

Not many mind.

usualsuspect333 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:04:37

I do know how to use MN, I've been here long enough.grin

LineRunner Wed 26-Nov-14 20:09:41

I think if someone starts a thread which is guaranteed to illicit a majority response, then the minority are not necessarily being goady fuckers, no.

If they are actually being goady fuckers then that's different.

I hope that clears that up.

StickEm Wed 26-Nov-14 20:09:44

StickEm Wed 26-Nov-14 20:10:38

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 26-Nov-14 20:12:22

Bulbasaur are you new?

Your post is grin and you sound like David Brent, did you intend this?

Fabulous46 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:13:02

I don't agree with a lot of posters on threads. I often type out a reply, delete it and just have wine instead grin. There was a thread a day or so ago about a "professional" going into a house and mentioning washing lying around. I really bit my tongue on that thread as I've often been that "professional" and could imagine where her comments came from and why.

usualsuspect333 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:13:59

<peers over glasses at Stick>

Bulbasaur Wed 26-Nov-14 20:14:47

I've been here for a short while (not quite a year). I have no clue who David Brent is, but I am currently reading a wiki article trying to figure out the reference. grin

raltheraffe Wed 26-Nov-14 20:18:08

I am always honest. What is the point of coming on here and agreeing with the majority of posters just for the sake of it. I try not to insult people, but I have had some horrible insults, lucky for me I have thick skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now